At Argo Group, you can be part of an organization where we are small enough to be agile and big enough to make a difference. You can make a direct impact while working in a high-performing, innovative and inclusive team.
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. (NYSE: ARGO) is a global multiline underwriter of specialty insurance and reinsurance products in the property and casualty market. We help power the businesses that drive the world economy, offering a comprehensive line of high-quality products and services designed to meet the unique coverage and claims-handling needs of our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that embraces diversity and design thinking, relies on innovation and agility, promotes collaborative service delivery, frequent, integrated communication, and authentic recognition of excellence. View the latest Investor Presentation to learn more about Argo.
Argo Group, through its operating subsidiaries, offers high-quality Commercial Property and Casualty (P&C) insurance products and services tailored to the needs of businesses and public entities. Our Argo US Claims team delivers superior financial results, technical expertise and customer experience to all stakeholders engaged in the claim process. We hire and develop the best people, so we can deliver on the Argo claims promise.
We are looking for a highly capable Construction Defect Claims Manager to join our team and work remotely home-based or from any of our US office’s. This role will be managing a team of about seven adjusters of varying levels of experience adjudicating claims under technical direction within broad limits on assignments reflecting moderate to complex complexity, potentially with significant impact on departmental results.
The primary duties and responsibilities of the role are:
- Using your specialized knowledge in construction defect claims, provide technical resources, guidance and education for a team of claims adjusters to enable them to manage all claims to the appropriate outcome.
- Ensuring performance objectives and metrics are in place and being met to support and meet department goals.
- Providing advice and oversight into claim disposition strategies.
- Ensure Argo’s best-in-class claim management operating characteristics, measurement criteria, and meaningful metrics benchmarking are communicated to the team and monitored to ensure there is accountability for proper and consistent claims performance, achieving the appropriate financial outcomes, and department goals.
- Working closely with adjusters and outside counsel to ensure cost-effective and appropriate litigation management strategies are in place that will lead to the best overall outcome.
- Support the selection process to hire and retain claims professionals that consistently demonstrate appropriate technical expertise, maturity and a professional commitment to excellence and customer service.
- Acting as a role model, and with sustained positive energy, demonstrating belief in, and commitment to, the values of Argo Group. Continuing to build and lead a value-based organization committed to long-term success.
- Having an appreciation and passion for strong claim management.
The successful candidate will be a motivated, solutions-oriented self-starter with high ethical standards. Additional qualifications and knowledge will include but are not limited to:
- Must have good business acumen (i.e. understand how an insurance company works and makes money, including how this role impacts both Argo Group and our customers’ ability to be profitable).
- Requires practical knowledge in leading people and managing the execution of processes, projects and tactics. This is typically achieved through:
- A minimum of ten years’ prior relevant experience, including people management.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university required. Two or more insurance designations or four additional years of related experience adjudicating construction defect claims beyond the minimum experience required above may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Ability to ability to build consensus.
- A strong focus on execution in getting things done right. Proven ability to consistently produce and deliver expected results to all stakeholders by:
- Finding a way to achieve success through adversity.
- Being solution (not problem) focused
- Thinking with a global mindset first.
- Strong focus on selection – determined to have the right people who do the best job.
- Successful traits (flexibility, ability to thrive in change, being resourceful on your own) necessary to work in a fast paced environment that is evolving constantly.
- A team builder, someone who understands that success is dependent upon the performance of the team and not individual team members. Creates strong morale and spirit within the team: shares wins and celebrates success as a team
- Dedicated to developing talent. Understands and is committed to teaching technical skills and developing people so that they realize their full potential.
- Advanced technical expertise related to claims resolution and settlement principles, practices and procedures.
- Ability to establish mentoring relationships with key employees and participates in the development of succession and training plans for all positions. Empowers others by driving decision-making, authority, and resources to trusted employees and providing stretch assignments.
- Ability to identify and resolve conflicts in a timely, objective manner, using sound judgment to reach a solution.
- Independent decision maker – takes full responsibility for making decisions keeping risk and compliance at the center of the process. Makes decisions with data driven tools and information.
- Demonstrates active listening and proactive communication by listening first, and then preparing carefully before engaging in conversation to communicate well thought out feedback.
- Shows care and concern by expressing curiosity authentically, being self-aware, constantly engaging input from others, and collaborating with ease.
- Ability to build rapport and foster collaborative, productive relationships with business partners and organizational peers with a focus on timely and meaningful exchanges of information and providing value-added solutions.
- Must demonstrate a desire for continued professional development and diverse experience opportunities for both self and others.
- The courage to offer and support others to express different opinions and ideas, regardless of popularity or immediate acceptable.
- Polished and professional written and verbal communication skills. The ability to read and write English fluently is required.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and other business-related software.
The published salary range applies to applicants that reside in the state of Colorado. The salary range for this role is $106,200 - $130,900. This position is eligible for an annual bonus based on company and individual performance.
PLEASE NOTE: At this time, Argo Group will not sponsor an applicant for employment authorization for this position.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Argo Group, please contact our Benefits Department at 210-321-8400.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless you have been requested to work on this position, or other positions with Argo Group, please do not forward any resumes to Argo Group employees. Argo Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
How We Work - Our Employee Values
Employees at Argo thrive together as a responsible, profitable specialty insurer where all stakeholders share in our success.
We are committed to:
- The entrepreneurial spirit
- Doing the right thing
- Respecting each other
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Developing our employees professionally and personally strengthens our organization.
Argo Group offers an attractive Total Rewards package that includes:
- A culture that recognizes performance and empowers employees to excel, offering competitive compensation and merit driven profit sharing.
- Flexible workplace policies that support employee well-being include compressed hours, flex-time, job-sharing, remote work, sabbatical leave, holiday and summer hours.
- Comprehensive health, wellness, and financial planning options that employees can tailor to meet their personal and family needs. In addition to traditional health and wellness plans, benefits include retirement savings, matching 401K (US-based employees), generous paid time off (PTO), paid caregiver and parental leave, employee assistance program (EAP), an employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) offering a 15% discount, and an array of voluntary benefits.
- Argo Academy, a digital and instructor-led platform that offers continuous learning and professional development – Training magazine lists Argo among the Training "Top 125" Companies. Argo encourages career mobility and continuing education to pursue and maintain professional and industry designations, in addition to traditional university and higher education programs.
- An inclusive culture that develops and sponsors diverse teams, encourages cross-functional engagement and collaboration, builds community through employee resource groups (ERGs), and provides an environment that welcomes ongoing dialogue, creative innovation, professional and personal development.
- Active community outreach and volunteer programs in addition to matching charitable gifts by 100%.
- A generous Employee Referral program that has resulted in 25% of all new hires this year.