At Argo Group, you can be part of an organization where we are small enough to be agile and big enough to make a difference. You can make a direct impact while working in a high-performing, innovative and inclusive team.
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. (NYSE: ARGO) is a global multiline underwriter of specialty insurance and reinsurance products in the property and casualty market. We help power the businesses that drive the world economy, offering a comprehensive line of high-quality products and services designed to meet the unique coverage and claims-handling needs of our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that embraces diversity and design thinking, relies on innovation and agility, promotes collaborative service delivery, frequent, integrated communication, and authentic recognition of excellence. View the latest Investor Presentation to learn more about Argo.
A Senior Business Intelligence Developer is responsible for designing and developing the build out of all current and future dashboards. They will also develop, implement and utilize innovative processes to efficiently, accurately, and securely deliver information to our customers. In addition to leading the development process, the Senior Business Intelligence Developer will be hands-on, analytical and passionate about turning data into visualizations. Responsibilities also include upholding quality, timeliness and other high standards of the development process. A successful candidate should also be comfortable mentoring others and acting as a subject matter expert on development.
- Develop and deploy dashboards, visualizations and autonomous and dynamic reporting interfaces to be distributed to stakeholders via the BI reporting platform, web portal, mobile, tablet devices, widgets and email.
- Review reporting processes and reports with a goal of improving performance, reliability, accuracy and scalability.
- Accountable to uphold standards for all the BI development by overseeing team’s work.
- Optimize report distribution, execution and the scalability of all reporting solutions so that they are autonomous and dynamic.
- Conduct code reviews with other BI developers to ensure quality of work.
- Build BI and analytic solutions that turn data into actionable insights.
- Collaborate with the team and understand the requirements to turn business asks into visualizations.
- Develop and review technology specifications to ensure that Power BI environments are designed for optimal access and usefulness and leveraging existing technologies when possible.
- Responsible for gateway set up, management and comfortable with concepts such as row level security in Power BI.
- Ability to work with different technology teams and provide solutions for use cases such as sharing dashboards with external users.
- Responsible for building and extending the BI semantic layer within Snowflake environment.
- Create and enhance the data modeling, reports, and analytic solutions necessary to support dynamic business information needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Business Administration
- 7+ years of experience as a BI Developer.
- 7+ year of strong SQL and/or Python experience.
- In-depth understanding of databases.
- Excellent communicator with the ability to translate data into actionable items for the business.
- Highly proficient technical writing capabilities.
- Passionate about problem solving.
- Proven success in a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
- Industry knowledge is preferred.
PLEASE NOTE: At this time, Argo Group will not sponsor an applicant for employment authorization for this position.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Argo Group, please contact our Benefits Department at 210-321-8400.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless you have been requested to work on this position, or other positions with Argo Group, please do not forward any resumes to Argo Group employees. Argo Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
The published salary range applies to applicants that reside in the state of Colorado. The salary range for this role is $85,700 - $130,000.
How We Work - Our Employee Values
Employees at Argo thrive together as a responsible, profitable specialty insurer where all stakeholders share in our success.
We are committed to:
- The entrepreneurial spirit
- Doing the right thing
- Respecting each other
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Developing our employees professionally and personally strengthens our organization.
Argo Group offers an attractive Total Rewards package that includes:
- A culture that recognizes performance and empowers employees to excel, offering competitive compensation and merit driven profit sharing.
- Flexible workplace policies that support employee well-being include compressed hours, flex-time, job-sharing, remote work, sabbatical leave, holiday and summer hours.
- Comprehensive health, wellness, and financial planning options that employees can tailor to meet their personal and family needs. In addition to traditional health and wellness plans, benefits include retirement savings, matching 401K (US-based employees), generous paid time off (PTO), paid caregiver and parental leave, employee assistance program (EAP), an employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) offering a 15% discount, and an array of voluntary benefits.
- Argo Academy, a digital and instructor-led platform that offers continuous learning and professional development – Training magazine lists Argo among the Training "Top 125" Companies. Argo encourages career mobility and continuing education to pursue and maintain professional and industry designations, in addition to traditional university and higher education programs.
- An inclusive culture that develops and sponsors diverse teams, encourages cross-functional engagement and collaboration, builds community through employee resource groups (ERGs), and provides an environment that welcomes ongoing dialogue, creative innovation, professional and personal development.
- Active community outreach and volunteer programs in addition to matching charitable gifts by 100%.
- A generous Employee Referral program that has resulted in 25% of all new hires this year.