At Argo Group, you can be part of an organization where we are small enough to be agile and big enough to make a difference. You can make a direct impact while working in a high-performing, innovative and inclusive team.
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. (NYSE: ARGO) is a global multiline underwriter of specialty insurance and reinsurance products in the property and casualty market. We help power the businesses that drive the world economy, offering a comprehensive line of high-quality products and services designed to meet the unique coverage and claims-handling needs of our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that embraces diversity and design thinking, relies on innovation and agility, promotes collaborative service delivery, frequent, integrated communication, and authentic recognition of excellence. View the latest Investor Presentation to learn more about Argo.
The Assistant Actuarial Data Analyst role is critical to supporting the actuarial data strategy at Argo. This role is expected to support the management and analysis of business data, as well as serve as a resource for Argo business partners across the organization by providing direction and assistance on matters related to their actuarial data needs. This role will report to the Actuarial Data & Visualization Manager and can be based in Denver, CO or Chicago, IL.
- Collaborate in a team environment with Actuarial, IT, Claims, Finance, Digital and Underwriting colleagues.
- Responsible for updating and providing other technical support for the organization’s actuarial databases and reports which provide key metrics to executives, business leaders, actuaries and underwriters and inform important strategic decisions across the company.
- Assist with identifying and gathering relevant, quality data sources in order to support any inquiries, issues, and also inform strategy through testing and exploratory data analysis (EDA).
- Support integration and transformation of disparate data sources and determine the appropriate application of data hygiene techniques.
- Support the broader Argo business as a key resource for knowledge on data sources, data collection and relevant tools.
- Collaborate with IT and Digital functions to create an efficient data/modeling environment that streamlines required analysis.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Mathematics, Actuarial Science or Finance related.
- Certification(s): 1+ Actuarial Exams in pursuit of ACAS.
- Ability to work independently with guidance.
- Ability to interact and work within a team environment and approach actuarial work as collaborative product.
- Ability to manage concurrent projects.
- Ability to be creative/flexible.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to quickly evaluate accuracy of information.
- Strong professional verbal and written communication skills with the ability to convey technical concepts to management and other functional areas.
- Proficient PC skills developed through extensive use of Windows and Microsoft Office Suite (particularly Excel, Outlook, and Word).
The published salary range applies to applicants that reside in the state of Colorado. The salary range for this role is $45,300 - $60,000. This position is eligible for an annual bonus based on company and individual performance.
PLEASE NOTE: At this time, Argo Group will not sponsor an applicant for employment authorization for this position.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Argo Group, please contact our Benefits Department at 210-321-8400.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless you have been requested to work on this position, or other positions with Argo Group, please do not forward any resumes to Argo Group employees. Argo Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
How We Work - Our Employee Values
Employees at Argo thrive together as a responsible, profitable specialty insurer where all stakeholders share in our success.
We are committed to:
- The entrepreneurial spirit
- Doing the right thing
- Respecting each other
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Developing our employees professionally and personally strengthens our organization.
Argo Group offers an attractive Total Rewards package that includes:
- A culture that recognizes performance and empowers employees to excel, offering competitive compensation and merit driven profit sharing.
- Flexible workplace policies that support employee well-being include compressed hours, flex-time, job-sharing, remote work, sabbatical leave, holiday and summer hours.
- Comprehensive health, wellness, and financial planning options that employees can tailor to meet their personal and family needs. In addition to traditional health and wellness plans, benefits include retirement savings, matching 401K (US-based employees), generous paid time off (PTO), paid caregiver and parental leave, employee assistance program (EAP), an employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) offering a 15% discount, and an array of voluntary benefits.
- Argo Academy, a digital and instructor-led platform that offers continuous learning and professional development – Training magazine lists Argo among the Training "Top 125" Companies. Argo encourages career mobility and continuing education to pursue and maintain professional and industry designations, in addition to traditional university and higher education programs.
- An inclusive culture that develops and sponsors diverse teams, encourages cross-functional engagement and collaboration, builds community through employee resource groups (ERGs), and provides an environment that welcomes ongoing dialogue, creative innovation, professional and personal development.
- Active community outreach and volunteer programs in addition to matching charitable gifts by 100%.
- A generous Employee Referral program that has resulted in 25% of all new hires this year.