At Argo Group, you can be part of an organization where we are small enough to be agile and big enough to make a difference. You can make a direct impact while working in a high-performing, innovative and inclusive team.
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. (NYSE: ARGO) is a global multiline underwriter of specialty insurance and reinsurance products in the property and casualty market. We help power the businesses that drive the world economy, offering a comprehensive line of high-quality products and services designed to meet the unique coverage and claims-handling needs of our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that embraces diversity and design thinking, relies on innovation and agility, promotes collaborative service delivery, frequent, integrated communication, and authentic recognition of excellence. View the latest Investor Presentation to learn more about Argo.
- To assist the PDP in DUA Cat modelling and data capture processes.
- To provide Cat Modelling pricing support across the International lines, in line with business priorities.
- To assist DUA underwriters in organising and managing business pipelines.
- To ensure DUA exposure data standards are adhered to by Underwriting and actively monitored.
- To assist in driving process efficiencies by embedding technology, most notably TERRA, within DUA.
- To liaise with outsourcing partners for DUA to operate in line with Argo’s own internal standards.
- Ensure DUA processes are aligned with Argo best practice (R&D), exceed Lloyd’s minimum standards.
- To assist in the monthly modelled rollup for the DUA product line to report upon.
- Maintain weekly and monthly dashboards on flood exposures and account movements.
- To ensure excellent Cat modelling service levels and accuracy for the DUA product line.
- To ensure all key DUA deliverables are executed at the required frequency and quality.
- To assist the PDP in ensuring all DUA processes are efficient, fully documented and adhered to.
- To assist the PDP in monthly DUA roll-ups.
- To assist the PDP in forging strong relationships with the TERRA and Modelling Portal teams.
- To proactively engage with outsourcing partners to achieve operational excellence.
- To be a key contributor to Risk Analytics and DUA meetings.
Strategy and Stakeholder Management:
- To work closely with the PDP and DUA underwriters to improve risk selection and portfolio mix.
- To support the PDP in delivering DUA Underwriting goals.
- To attend DUA leadership meetings.
- Attention to detail and prioritisation – delivers high quality output within expected timeframes.
- Analytical skills – leverages data and analytics to create actionable insight to improve performance.
- Communication – oral and written.
- Creative self-starter – dynamic and driven, formulates new concepts, challenges the status quo.
- Collaborative – establishes excellent relationships, brings people closer together, a team player.
- Results orientated – consistently delivers results.
- Excellent academic qualifications including a minimum 2:1 degree.
- Strong mathematical, modelling, technical background.
- Insurance qualifications are desirable.
Technical Skills & Experience
- Minimum 1 year’s catastrophe modelling experience with either RMS (preferred) or AIR.
- Must be proficient in Excel.
- Previous managing agency experience in a pricing role in the Lloyds market desirable but not essential.
- Experience of/proficiency/interest in developing the use of mapping/analytical software, QGIS, Spatial Key etc. desirable.
- SQL knowledge or any additional programming skills, Python/R, or, willingness to learn an advantage.
How We Work - Our Employee Values
Employees at Argo thrive together as a responsible, profitable specialty insurer where all stakeholders share in our success.
We are committed to:
- The entrepreneurial spirit
- Doing the right thing
- Respecting each other
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Developing our employees professionally and personally strengthens our organization.
Argo Group offers an attractive Total Rewards package that includes:
- A culture that recognizes performance and empowers employees to excel, offering competitive compensation and merit driven profit sharing.
- Flexible workplace policies that support employee well-being include compressed hours, flex-time, job-sharing, remote work, sabbatical leave, holiday and summer hours.
- Comprehensive health, wellness, and financial planning options that employees can tailor to meet their personal and family needs. In addition to traditional health and wellness plans, benefits include retirement savings, matching 401K (US-based employees), generous paid time off (PTO), paid caregiver and parental leave, employee assistance program (EAP), an employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) offering a 15% discount, and an array of voluntary benefits.
- Argo Academy, a digital and instructor-led platform that offers continuous learning and professional development – Training magazine lists Argo among the Training "Top 125" Companies. Argo encourages career mobility and continuing education to pursue and maintain professional and industry designations, in addition to traditional university and higher education programs.
- An inclusive culture that develops and sponsors diverse teams, encourages cross-functional engagement and collaboration, builds community through employee resource groups (ERGs), and provides an environment that welcomes ongoing dialogue, creative innovation, professional and personal development.
- Active community outreach and volunteer programs in addition to matching charitable gifts by 100%.
- A generous Employee Referral program that has resulted in 25% of all new hires this year.