At Argo Group, you can be part of an organization where we are small enough to be agile and big enough to make a difference. You can make a direct impact while working in a high-performing, innovative and inclusive team.
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. (NYSE: ARGO) is a global multiline underwriter of specialty insurance and reinsurance products in the property and casualty market. We help power the businesses that drive the world economy, offering a comprehensive line of high-quality products and services designed to meet the unique coverage and claims-handling needs of our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that embraces diversity and design thinking, relies on innovation and agility, promotes collaborative service delivery, frequent, integrated communication, and authentic recognition of excellence. View the latest Investor Presentation to learn more about Argo.
At Argo Group, our team members are critical to our long-term success – so wherever in the world they work, everyone works together. Within our Data Team, we are looking for a Senior Data Warehouse Analyst. This role can be based in any of our US Argo offices or remotely.
We are seeking a Senior Data Warehouse Analyst to serve as a liaison between business units and the current IT Data Team to gain in-depth understanding of data linked to each business process. The role will report to the Director of Data and will be key in understanding the business needs and aligning them with data team’s strategy and architecture.
The focus of this position is to work closely with both the onshore and offshore data teams to ensure accurate and timely closing of the financial period and successful loading of data to the General Ledger. This role will also be responsible for developing a strong relationship with the finance team who we partner with the on the load of financial information.
What does the Senior Data Warehouse Analyst workday look like?
- Facilitate process design by conducting business and systems process analysis; focusing on quality improvement and data management ensuring reliability and validity of data.
- Collaborate closely with business teams to develop and implement technical requirements.
- Guide team thru process of creating SQL Queries that will make our data evaluation process more flexible or scalable across data sets.
- Research data issues in financial data warehouse and communicate the result of that research to stakeholders, and key business leaders.
- Lead the process of loading externally sourced data to our financial data warehouse for posting to the general ledger monthly.
- Work closely with offshore leadership team to align resources for month end processing and raising data flow processes when issues arise.
- Diving into large data sets, uncovering insights, and providing impactful recommendations.
- Identify, develop and execute data control requirements, i.e. Reconciliations and validations.
- Organize complex problems into simple solutions and precise business and technical requirements.
- Ensure Balance and controls are in place for each data movement point, additionally responsible for reviewing those controls with the finance team to obtain sign off for posting to ledger.
What is required for the position?
- 5+ years of Structured data analysis and data requirements development experience is required.
- 3+ years of data analysis experience is required.
- Strong SQL and Excel skills with the ability to learn other analytics tools
- Prior experience with database and model design is preferred.
- Experience with documenting data architecture, data flows, and business process flows is required
- Ability to communicate complex information to others in a way they can understand.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills are required.
- Ability to work in fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, mathematics, and statistics, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with documenting data architecture, data flows, and business process flows.
- 5+ years’ experience with SQL databases, Snowflake experience is a plus.
- 3+ years ETL experience, Talend experience preferred
- Leading Scrum/Agile teams is preferred, working knowledge of Agile is required.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with Oracle databases is a plus.
- Insurance ideal, but not required.
- Accounting/Finance experience is a plus.
PLEASE NOTE: At this time, Argo Group will not sponsor an applicant for employment authorization for this position.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Argo Group, please contact our Benefits Department.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless you have been requested to work on this position, or other positions with Argo Group, please do not forward any resumes to Argo Group employees. Argo Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
The range provided is for Colorado-based hires only and will be commensurate with candidate experience. Pay ranges for candidates in other locations other than CO may differ based on the cost of labor in that location. Pay range: $87,500 - $102,000 plus eligibility for an annual bonus based on company and individual performance.
How We Work - Our Employee Values
Employees at Argo thrive together as a responsible, profitable specialty insurer where all stakeholders share in our success.
We are committed to:
- The entrepreneurial spirit
- Doing the right thing
- Respecting each other
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Developing our employees professionally and personally strengthens our organization.
Argo Group offers an attractive Total Rewards package that includes:
- A culture that recognizes performance and empowers employees to excel, offering competitive compensation and merit driven profit sharing.
- Flexible workplace policies that support employee well-being include compressed hours, flex-time, job-sharing, remote work, sabbatical leave, holiday and summer hours.
- Comprehensive health, wellness, and financial planning options that employees can tailor to meet their personal and family needs. In addition to traditional health and wellness plans, benefits include retirement savings, matching 401K (US-based employees), generous paid time off (PTO), paid caregiver and parental leave, employee assistance program (EAP), an employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) offering a 15% discount, and an array of voluntary benefits.
- Argo Academy, a digital and instructor-led platform that offers continuous learning and professional development – Training magazine lists Argo among the Training "Top 125" Companies. Argo encourages career mobility and continuing education to pursue and maintain professional and industry designations, in addition to traditional university and higher education programs.
- An inclusive culture that develops and sponsors diverse teams, encourages cross-functional engagement and collaboration, builds community through employee resource groups (ERGs), and provides an environment that welcomes ongoing dialogue, creative innovation, professional and personal development.
- Active community outreach and volunteer programs in addition to matching charitable gifts by 100%.
- A generous Employee Referral program that has resulted in 25% of all new hires this year.