At Argo Group, you can be part of an organization where we are small enough to be agile and big enough to make a difference. You can make a direct impact while working in a high-performing, innovative and inclusive team.
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. (NYSE: ARGO) is a global multiline underwriter of specialty insurance and reinsurance products in the property and casualty market. We help power the businesses that drive the world economy, offering a comprehensive line of high-quality products and services designed to meet the unique coverage and claims-handling needs of our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that embraces diversity and design thinking, relies on innovation and agility, promotes collaborative service delivery, frequent, integrated communication, and authentic recognition of excellence. View the latest Investor Presentation to learn more about Argo.
This role is part of the team responsible for developing internal and external capabilities which enable Argo to operate securely and in line with global regulations. Specifically, you will be establishing a new program to introduce governance, risk and compliance (GRC) principals and services to Argo Group. This position can be based in any of our U.S. offices or remotely.
- Develop and maintain enterprise risk-management processes and procedures.
- Develop a baseline control framework suitable for Argo and relevant to the risk profile/appetite which you will establish.
- Establish and develop a policy and standards framework.
- Review and mature the information security and data protection awareness and training program.
- Build out a catalogue of assessments to identify risks, and potential compliance gaps.
- Fulfil third party due-diligence requests/questionnaires, participate in audits and assist with regulatory matters (Argo Group is a regulated business).
- Establish and maintain a set of inventories/data sets which will be required to operate a risk and compliance framework (e.g. high value assets, business processes, data flows, critical vendors).
- Enable the organization to deliver relevant certifications e.g. Cyber Essentials.
- Partner with Argo Groups risk, compliance and audit functions to enable them to scale out the program you will develop.
- Provide subject-matter expertise to stakeholders during remediation and mitigation efforts.
- Enable a risk-based approach to Argos third party management program.
- Maintain a service catalogue of GRC services you will deliver to the organization.
- 5 years’ experience working in a risk and compliance role.
- Experience building awareness training programs and have the passion to drive adoption of information security and data protection principals within the organization.
- Experience working in a global, regulated organization.
- Experience building awareness training programs and the passion to drive the adoption of information security and data protection principals within our organization.
- Previously worked in a risk and/or compliance role in the insurance industry, or an organization which has provided you with transferable skills. E.g. finance, IT service provider, consultancy business.
- Some level of experience building ‘green field’ GRC capabilities or delivered risk and compliance services during a significant organizational transformation.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to operate and communicate effectively while meeting multiple deadlines and completing projects simultaneously.
- Establishing processes and capabilities for the identification and management of risk.
- Build and implementing control frameworks relevant to identified risks.
- Working knowledge of ISO 27001, PCI, HIPAA, NIST, and/or equivalent series of standards.
- Proven knowledge of formal information security and data protection standards, techniques and methodologies.
- Ability to collaborate effectively and work both independently and in a team environment.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional people skills.
- Ability to interact in a positive, productive manner with others (demonstrating sensitivity, tact, and professionalism).
- Ability to deal effectively with difficult situations.
- Highly motivated, team oriented, professional and trustworthy, with strong skills in personal diplomacy.
- Prior experience in an Insurance setting.
- Experience working internationally.
- Experience working with GRC tools e.g. RSA Archer, OneTrust.
- ISO 27001 Lead Auditor. CISSP, CISA, or any other relevant certification are highly desirable (but not essential).
The salary range for this role for Colorado workers is $85,700 - $102,000. This position is eligible for an annual bonus based on company and individual performance.
PLEASE NOTE: At this time, Argo Group will not sponsor an applicant for employment authorization for this position.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Argo Group, please contact our Benefits Department at 210-321-8400.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless you have been requested to work on this position, or other positions with Argo Group, please do not forward any resumes to Argo Group employees. Argo Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
How We Work - Our Employee Values
Employees at Argo thrive together as a responsible, profitable specialty insurer where all stakeholders share in our success.
We are committed to:
- The entrepreneurial spirit
- Doing the right thing
- Respecting each other
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Developing our employees professionally and personally strengthens our organization.
Argo Group offers an attractive Total Rewards package that includes:
- A culture that recognizes performance and empowers employees to excel, offering competitive compensation and merit driven profit sharing.
- Flexible workplace policies that support employee well-being include compressed hours, flex-time, job-sharing, remote work, sabbatical leave, holiday and summer hours.
- Comprehensive health, wellness, and financial planning options that employees can tailor to meet their personal and family needs. In addition to traditional health and wellness plans, benefits include retirement savings, matching 401K (US-based employees), generous paid time off (PTO), paid caregiver and parental leave, employee assistance program (EAP), an employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) offering a 15% discount, and an array of voluntary benefits.
- Argo Academy, a digital and instructor-led platform that offers continuous learning and professional development – Training magazine lists Argo among the Training "Top 125" Companies. Argo encourages career mobility and continuing education to pursue and maintain professional and industry designations, in addition to traditional university and higher education programs.
- An inclusive culture that develops and sponsors diverse teams, encourages cross-functional engagement and collaboration, builds community through employee resource groups (ERGs), and provides an environment that welcomes ongoing dialogue, creative innovation, professional and personal development.
- Active community outreach and volunteer programs in addition to matching charitable gifts by 100%.
- A generous Employee Referral program that has resulted in 25% of all new hires this year.