At Argo Group, you can be part of an organization where we are small enough to be agile and big enough to make a difference. You can make a direct impact while working in a high-performing, innovative and inclusive team.
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. (NYSE: ARGO) is a global multiline underwriter of specialty insurance and reinsurance products in the property and casualty market. We help power the businesses that drive the world economy, offering a comprehensive line of high-quality products and services designed to meet the unique coverage and claims-handling needs of our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that embraces diversity and design thinking, relies on innovation and agility, promotes collaborative service delivery, frequent, integrated communication, and authentic recognition of excellence. View the latest Investor Presentation to learn more about Argo.
- Working closely with stakeholders at all levels to develop and implement reports and tools to serve the needs of management.
- Liaising with other Functions and Underwriting teams to understand reporting requirements and ensure that reporting is accurate, consistent and valuable to relevant stakeholders.
- In conjunction with the Head of Operations and MI & Performance Manager develop forward looking / analytical underwriting MI including multi-platform open market and delegated authority business.
- Deliver timely and accurate management information to various audiences including ArgoGlobal Committees and Boards.
- Provide ad-hoc in-depth analysis for the management team, delivering new insights into business performance and improvement.
Data Strategy and Technological Enablement
- Lead with the enhancement of existing MI reports and the development of new reporting capabilities and dashboards
- Identify and overcome data deficiencies and gaps in analytical capabilities
- Demonstrated ability to design and develop business performance reporting on financial and non-financial data, providing clear and insightful information for decision making.
- Demonstrated ability to manipulate large volumes of data into digestible management reporting
- Demonstrated high calibre financial understanding and capability, with a clear commercial awareness and high business acumen.
- Curious and analytical mind-set able to connect high-level concepts through to underlying details.
- Excellent attention to detail and a meticulous eye for identifying inconsistencies or inaccuracies in data entry or data outputs.
- Demonstrable evidence of interpreting & manipulating data clearly and accurately with the ability to extract & clearly articulate key points.
- Track record of identifying and analysing problems, identifying & evaluating options, deploying sound decision making skills.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills with significant VBa experience
- Competence with data visualisation software such as Power BI, Qlikview, Business Objects, Tableau or similar
- Confidence in dealing with large volumes of data across multiple sources
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Project management skills and experience with Change Working Groups preferable
- CII qualifications preferable although not essential
- Significant experience within the General Insurance industry
- Knowledge of the Lloyd’s Market
- Experience of Delegated Underwriting and Bordereaux analysis desirable
How We Work - Our Employee Values
Employees at Argo thrive together as a responsible, profitable specialty insurer where all stakeholders share in our success.
We are committed to:
- The entrepreneurial spirit
- Doing the right thing
- Respecting each other
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Developing our employees professionally and personally strengthens our organization.
Argo Group offers an attractive Total Rewards package that includes:
- A culture that recognizes performance and empowers employees to excel, offering competitive compensation and merit driven profit sharing.
- Flexible workplace policies that support employee well-being include compressed hours, flex-time, job-sharing, remote work, sabbatical leave, holiday and summer hours.
- Comprehensive health, wellness, and financial planning options that employees can tailor to meet their personal and family needs. In addition to traditional health and wellness plans, benefits include retirement savings, matching 401K (US-based employees), generous paid time off (PTO), paid caregiver and parental leave, employee assistance program (EAP), an employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) offering a 15% discount, and an array of voluntary benefits.
- Argo Academy, a digital and instructor-led platform that offers continuous learning and professional development – Training magazine lists Argo among the Training "Top 125" Companies. Argo encourages career mobility and continuing education to pursue and maintain professional and industry designations, in addition to traditional university and higher education programs.
- An inclusive culture that develops and sponsors diverse teams, encourages cross-functional engagement and collaboration, builds community through employee resource groups (ERGs), and provides an environment that welcomes ongoing dialogue, creative innovation, professional and personal development.
- Active community outreach and volunteer programs in addition to matching charitable gifts by 100%.
- A generous Employee Referral program that has resulted in 25% of all new hires this year.