At Argo Group, you can be part of an organization where we are small enough to be agile and big enough to make a difference. You can make a direct impact while working in a high-performing, innovative and inclusive team.
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. (NYSE: ARGO) is a global multiline underwriter of specialty insurance and reinsurance products in the property and casualty market. We help power the businesses that drive the world economy, offering a comprehensive line of high-quality products and services designed to meet the unique coverage and claims-handling needs of our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that embraces diversity and design thinking, relies on innovation and agility, promotes collaborative service delivery, frequent, integrated communication, and authentic recognition of excellence. View the latest Investor Presentation to learn more about Argo.
Argo Group, through its operating subsidiaries, offers high-quality Commercial Property and Casualty (P&C) insurance products and services tailored to the needs of businesses and public entities. Our Argo US Claims team delivers superior financial results, technical expertise and customer experience to all stakeholders engaged in the claim process. We hire and develop the best people, so we can deliver on the Argo claims promise.
We are looking for a highly capable Senior Technical Claims Specialist to join our Professional Liability Claims team and work from any US Argo office or remotely as a home-based employee anywhere in the United States. This role will adjudicate highly complex Primary E&O claims for our customers that can have major impact on department results.
The primary duties and responsibilities of the role are:
- Under broad management direction, works at the highest authority limits on claims reflecting the highest degree of technical complexity and coordination on Lawyers Professional Liability, Architects & Engineers Errors and Omissions, Accountants Professional Liability and Miscellaneous Professional Liability policies
- Investigate claims promptly and thoroughly
- Prepare reports for file documentation
- Interview involved parties
- Manage claims in litigation
- Manage diary timely and complete tasks to ensure that cases move to the best financial outcome and timely resolution.
- Properly set claim reserves.
- Identify, assign, and coordinate the assignment and coordination of expertise resources to assist in case resolution.
- Prepare reports for file documentation
- Applying creative solutions which result in the best financial outcome.
- Negotiate settlements
- Processing mail and prioritizing workload.
- Responsible for telephone calls and written correspondence to/from various parties (insured, claimant, etc.).
- Have an appreciation and passion for strong claim management.
Core qualifications and requirements for this position include:
- A minimum of seven years’ experience adjudicating lawyers professional liability claims and extensive experience with multi-million dollar exposures.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or multiple industry designations required. JD/Degree very strongly preferred.
- Must possess or have ability to quickly obtain a license in each jurisdiction requiring a license to adjudicate first party claims.
- Ability to regularly exercise discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance. This role primarily faces problems and issues that are typically numerous and undefined where information may be difficult to obtain. The role requires proven ability to develop solutions after detailed information gathering, analysis and investigation, along with an understanding of a broader set of issues.
- Ability to prioritize workload and handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to articulate the financial value of your work at multiple responsibility levels inside our clients’ business which may include the CEO.
- Exhibit a natural curiosity.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent evaluation and strategic skills required.
- Strong claim negotiation skills a must.
- Must possess a strong customer focus.
- Must work independently and demonstrate the ability to exercise sound judgment.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and other business-related software.
- Polished and professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to travel, sometimes overnight, approximately 10% of the time.
- The ability to read and write English fluently is required.
- Must demonstrate a desire for continued professional development through continuing education and self-development opportunities.
About Working in US Claims at Argo Group
- Argo Group does not treat our claims or our claims professionals as a commodity. The work we offer is challenging, diverse, and impactful.
- Our Adjusters and Managers are empowered to exercise their independent discretion and, within broad limits and authority, be creative in developing solutions and treat each case as the unique situation it is.
- We have a very flat organizational structure, enabling our employees have more interaction with our senior management team, especially when it relates to reviewing large losses.
- Our entire claims team works in a collaborative nature to expeditiously resolve claims. We offer a work environment that inspires innovation and is open to employee suggestions. We even offer rewards for creative and innovative ideas.
- We believe in building an inclusive and diverse team, and we strive to make our office a welcoming space for everyone. We encourage talented people from all backgrounds to apply.
PLEASE NOTE: At this time, Argo Group will not sponsor an applicant for employment authorization for this position.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Argo Group, please contact our Benefits Department at 210-321-8400.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless you have been requested to work on this position, or other positions with Argo Group, please do not forward any resumes to Argo Group employees. Argo Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
How We Work - Our Employee Values
Employees at Argo thrive together as a responsible, profitable specialty insurer where all stakeholders share in our success.
We are committed to:
- The entrepreneurial spirit
- Doing the right thing
- Respecting each other
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Developing our employees professionally and personally strengthens our organization.
Argo Group offers an attractive Total Rewards package that includes:
- A culture that recognizes performance and empowers employees to excel, offering competitive compensation and merit driven profit sharing.
- Flexible workplace policies that support employee well-being include compressed hours, flex-time, job-sharing, remote work, sabbatical leave, holiday and summer hours.
- Comprehensive health, wellness, and financial planning options that employees can tailor to meet their personal and family needs. In addition to traditional health and wellness plans, benefits include retirement savings, matching 401K (US-based employees), generous paid time off (PTO), paid caregiver and parental leave, employee assistance program (EAP), an employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) offering a 15% discount, and an array of voluntary benefits.
- Argo Academy, a digital and instructor-led platform that offers continuous learning and professional development – Training magazine lists Argo among the Training "Top 125" Companies. Argo encourages career mobility and continuing education to pursue and maintain professional and industry designations, in addition to traditional university and higher education programs.
- An inclusive culture that develops and sponsors diverse teams, encourages cross-functional engagement and collaboration, builds community through employee resource groups (ERGs), and provides an environment that welcomes ongoing dialogue, creative innovation, professional and personal development.
- Active community outreach and volunteer programs in addition to matching charitable gifts by 100%.
- A generous Employee Referral program that has resulted in 25% of all new hires this year.