At Argo Group, you can be part of an organization where we are small enough to be agile and big enough to make a difference. You can make a direct impact while working in a high-performing, innovative and inclusive team.
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. (NYSE: ARGO) is a global multiline underwriter of specialty insurance and reinsurance products in the property and casualty market. We help power the businesses that drive the world economy, offering a comprehensive line of high-quality products and services designed to meet the unique coverage and claims-handling needs of our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that embraces diversity and design thinking, relies on innovation and agility, promotes collaborative service delivery, frequent, integrated communication, and authentic recognition of excellence. View the latest Investor Presentation to learn more about Argo.
We are looking for a highly capable Claims Assistant to join our team and work from any of our U.S. based offices or remote. The Claims Assistant is responsible for providing robust clerical support to our team of Claims Adjusters working across a wide variety of specialties and providing exceptional customer service to our brokers, claimants, and insureds.
The primary duties and responsibilities of the role are:
- Provide clerical support to a nationwide team of claims adjusters and aide in facilitating timely and accurate management of claims by entering stop/cancel/release of checks, processing cash receipts, work check exceptions, and completion of complex state forms.
- Keep our claims data accurate by inputting data and policy information for new and existing claims.
- Extensively communicate with our customers and enhance their customer experience by – answering incoming calls, processing electronic mail, preparing written correspondence, and processing outgoing mail. The majority of each workday is spent communicating on the telephone.
- Maintain GA WC Panel Process list each month. Provide updated information to the appropriate individuals.
- Coordinate the CCC Invoice Review
- Review each claim for payment, documenting date issued and check number. Researching financials to verify payment information.
- Assist with Vendor Management Audits
- Coordinate Escheatment process
- Review of outstanding checks for various claim systems and review applicable system to determine if payment is still outstanding and/or returned, prepare letters as needed and document findings in FSITrack.
- Primary contact for IROC claims support
Core qualifications and requirements for this position include:
- A minimum of one years in the insurance industry (preferably in a commercial claims department) is required.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or industry designations are preferred but not required.
- A relentless desire to continually update your skill level through continuing education and self-development.
- Highly accurate typing with speed of at least 50 wpm.
- Strong PC skills, including extensive experience working on Windows and good knowledge of MS Outlook, Word, and Excel
- The ability to communicate clearly on the telephone is crucial. The ability to read, speak, and write English fluently is required. The ability to read, speak, and write Spanish fluently is not required, but is a strong plus.
- Being extremely detail oriented, organized, and able to effectively prioritize your workload, manage multiple tasks, and meet deadlines.
- A high level of energy and motivation.
- Ability to be a team player that communicates and collaborates with peers to achieve common goals in a team environment.
- A strong sense of accountability and pride in completing an excellent work product.
About Working in US Claims at Argo Group
- Argo Group does not treat our claims or our claims professionals as a commodity. The work we offer is challenging, diverse, and impactful.
- Our Adjusters and Managers are empowered to exercise their independent discretion and, within broad limits and authority, be creative in developing solutions and treat each case as the unique situation it is.
- We have a very flat organizational structure, enabling our employees have more interaction with our senior management team, especially when it relates to reviewing large losses.
- Our entire claims team works in a collaborative nature to expeditiously resolve claims. We offer a work environment that inspires innovation and is open to employee suggestions. We even offer rewards for creative and innovative ideas.
- We believe in building an inclusive and diverse team, and we strive to make our office a welcoming space for everyone. We encourage talented people from all backgrounds to apply.
PLEASE NOTE: At this time, Argo Group will not sponsor an applicant for employment authorization for this position.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Argo Group, please contact our Benefits Department at 210-321-8400.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless you have been requested to work on this position, or other positions with Argo Group, please do not forward any resumes to Argo Group employees. Argo Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
How We Work - Our Employee Values
Employees at Argo thrive together as a responsible, profitable specialty insurer where all stakeholders share in our success.
We are committed to:
- The entrepreneurial spirit
- Doing the right thing
- Respecting each other
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Developing our employees professionally and personally strengthens our organization.
Argo Group offers an attractive Total Rewards package that includes:
- A culture that recognizes performance and empowers employees to excel, offering competitive compensation and merit driven profit sharing.
- Flexible workplace policies that support employee well-being include compressed hours, flex-time, job-sharing, remote work, sabbatical leave, holiday and summer hours.
- Comprehensive health, wellness, and financial planning options that employees can tailor to meet their personal and family needs. In addition to traditional health and wellness plans, benefits include retirement savings, matching 401K (US-based employees), generous paid time off (PTO), paid caregiver and parental leave, employee assistance program (EAP), an employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) offering a 15% discount, and an array of voluntary benefits.
- Argo Academy, a digital and instructor-led platform that offers continuous learning and professional development – Training magazine lists Argo among the Training "Top 125" Companies. Argo encourages career mobility and continuing education to pursue and maintain professional and industry designations, in addition to traditional university and higher education programs.
- An inclusive culture that develops and sponsors diverse teams, encourages cross-functional engagement and collaboration, builds community through employee resource groups (ERGs), and provides an environment that welcomes ongoing dialogue, creative innovation, professional and personal development.
- Active community outreach and volunteer programs in addition to matching charitable gifts by 100%.
- A generous Employee Referral program that has resulted in 25% of all new hires this year.