At Argo Group, you can be part of an organization where we are small enough to be agile and big enough to make a difference. You can make a direct impact while working in a high-performing, innovative and inclusive team.
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. (NYSE: ARGO) is a global multiline underwriter of specialty insurance and reinsurance products in the property and casualty market. We help power the businesses that drive the world economy, offering a comprehensive line of high-quality products and services designed to meet the unique coverage and claims-handling needs of our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that embraces diversity and design thinking, relies on innovation and agility, promotes collaborative service delivery, frequent, integrated communication, and authentic recognition of excellence. View the latest Investor Presentation to learn more about Argo.
The Senior Analyst, Financial Control Group is responsible for partnering with the business to develop and execute an effective and efficient internal controls over financial reporting (ICFR) program. The position will help assess the design and operating effectiveness of the company’s ICFR through walkthrough and independent testing procedures. The position will also assist in training control owners on ICFR and will promote and enforce standardization of controls across the enterprise.
- Partner with business owners to help design an effective system of internal controls over financial reporting
- Collaborate with business leaders to create flowcharts of key processes, identifying key risks and controls
- Lead business process reviews (SOX walkthroughs) to evaluate the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls over financial reporting
- Ensure the identification of key risks, adequacy of stated controls and process documentation, and identify any control gaps
- Develop and execute risk-based audit programs of assigned department or functional area in established/required timeline to perform independent testing in conjunction with management
- Communicate findings and partner with business leaders to develop remediation strategy for identified issues
- Work with external auditors to address financial reporting risks and support the external auditing function
- Train SOX users and administer the quarterly SOX 302 Certifications to process owners and business leaders for completion
- Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, or equivalent
- Qualified Accountant with minimum of 3 years’ experience in public accounting or internal audit; insurance industry or financial services industry experience is preferred but not required.
- Experience of working in a Sarbanes Oxley control environment
- Deadline-oriented, self-starter possessing a strong work ethic.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- The ability to multi-task; capable of meeting deadlines. Good organizational and time management skills.
- Flexible in a changing and demanding environment. Demonstrated skill in planning and project management, and in maintaining composure under pressure while meeting multiple deadlines.
- Ability to interact with all levels of management; ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with co-workers, staff and external contacts, and to work effectively in a professional team environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Visio, Outlook).
- Polished and professional written and verbal communication skills, including active listening skills and oral presentation skills. The ability to read and write English fluently is required.
How We Work - Our Employee Values
Employees at Argo thrive together as a responsible, profitable specialty insurer where all stakeholders share in our success.
We are committed to:
- The entrepreneurial spirit
- Doing the right thing
- Respecting each other
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Developing our employees professionally and personally strengthens our organization.
Argo Group offers an attractive Total Rewards package that includes:
- A culture that recognizes performance and empowers employees to excel, offering competitive compensation and merit driven profit sharing.
- Flexible workplace policies that support employee well-being include compressed hours, flex-time, job-sharing, remote work, sabbatical leave, holiday and summer hours.
- Comprehensive health, wellness, and financial planning options that employees can tailor to meet their personal and family needs. In addition to traditional health and wellness plans, benefits include retirement savings, matching 401K (US-based employees), generous paid time off (PTO), paid caregiver and parental leave, employee assistance program (EAP), an employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) offering a 15% discount, and an array of voluntary benefits.
- Argo Academy, a digital and instructor-led platform that offers continuous learning and professional development – Training magazine lists Argo among the Training "Top 125" Companies. Argo encourages career mobility and continuing education to pursue and maintain professional and industry designations, in addition to traditional university and higher education programs.
- An inclusive culture that develops and sponsors diverse teams, encourages cross-functional engagement and collaboration, builds community through employee resource groups (ERGs), and provides an environment that welcomes ongoing dialogue, creative innovation, professional and personal development.
- Active community outreach and volunteer programs in addition to matching charitable gifts by 100%.
- A generous Employee Referral program that has resulted in 25% of all new hires this year.