At Argo Group, you can be part of an organization where we are small enough to be agile and big enough to make a difference. You can make a direct impact while working in a high-performing, innovative and inclusive team.
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. (NYSE: ARGO) is a global multiline underwriter of specialty insurance and reinsurance products in the property and casualty market. We help power the businesses that drive the world economy, offering a comprehensive line of high-quality products and services designed to meet the unique coverage and claims-handling needs of our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that embraces diversity and design thinking, relies on innovation and agility, promotes collaborative service delivery, frequent, integrated communication, and authentic recognition of excellence. View the latest Investor Presentation to learn more about Argo.
Argo Group, through its operating subsidiaries, offers high-quality Commercial Property and Casualty (P&C) insurance products and services tailored to the needs of businesses and public entities. Our experienced underwriting team is dedicated to providing effective solutions for all types of companies. We hire the best people, so we can deliver the best solutions.
We are looking for a highly capable Underwriting Assistant to join our team and work from our Chicago, IL office. This position will provide support and assistance to the overall underwriting function through customer service, maintaining policies and procedures, processing underwriting transactions, data research and analysis, and other various tasks, as needed.
The primary duties and responsibilities of the role are:
- Assist underwriters in carrying out their essential duties and responsibilities to enhance the overall performance of the division through the utilization of systems and guidelines as provided.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with underwriters, customers, and business partners to provide high-quality service to clients.
- Issue binders, policies, cancellations, endorsements, reinstatements, loss runs, and related activities within established service standards.
- Interact with brokers to assist with follow-up for underlying information, subjectivities as well as addressing account inquiries.
- Adhere to Argo Pro Service Level Agreement (SLA)
- Other duties as assigned.
Core qualifications and requirements for this position include:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- College degree preferred
- General knowledge of Property and Casualty Insurance strongly preferred.
- Must be able to function effectively in a time-sensitive and high-volume environment
- Flexible and adaptable to changing direction, adjusting priorities, and/or work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Able to work autonomously in a fast-paced, production-oriented environment.
- Intermediate analytical ability.
- Intermediate oral/written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain a positive working relationship with agent/broker workforce.
- Self-motivated and ability to work with limited supervision and in team environments
- Must display a professional demeanor and excellent customer service skills.
- Detail-oriented with initiative and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
PLEASE NOTE: At this time, Argo Group will not sponsor an applicant for employment authorization for this position.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Argo Group, please contact our Benefits Department at 210-321-8400.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless you have been requested to work on this position, or other positions with Argo Group, please do not forward any resumes to Argo Group employees. Argo Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
How We Work - Our Employee Values
Employees at Argo thrive together as a responsible, profitable specialty insurer where all stakeholders share in our success.
We are committed to:
- The entrepreneurial spirit
- Doing the right thing
- Respecting each other
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Developing our employees professionally and personally strengthens our organization.
Argo Group offers an attractive Total Rewards package that includes:
- A culture that recognizes performance and empowers employees to excel, offering competitive compensation and merit driven profit sharing.
- Flexible workplace policies that support employee well-being include compressed hours, flex-time, job-sharing, remote work, sabbatical leave, holiday and summer hours.
- Comprehensive health, wellness, and financial planning options that employees can tailor to meet their personal and family needs. In addition to traditional health and wellness plans, benefits include retirement savings, matching 401K (US-based employees), generous paid time off (PTO), paid caregiver and parental leave, employee assistance program (EAP), an employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) offering a 15% discount, and an array of voluntary benefits.
- Argo Academy, a digital and instructor-led platform that offers continuous learning and professional development – Training magazine lists Argo among the Training "Top 125" Companies. Argo encourages career mobility and continuing education to pursue and maintain professional and industry designations, in addition to traditional university and higher education programs.
- An inclusive culture that develops and sponsors diverse teams, encourages cross-functional engagement and collaboration, builds community through employee resource groups (ERGs), and provides an environment that welcomes ongoing dialogue, creative innovation, professional and personal development.
- Active community outreach and volunteer programs in addition to matching charitable gifts by 100%.
- A generous Employee Referral program that has resulted in 25% of all new hires this year.