At Argo Group, you can be part of an organization where we are small enough to be agile and big enough to make a difference. You can make a direct impact while working in a high-performing, innovative and inclusive team.
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. (NYSE: ARGO) is a global multiline underwriter of specialty insurance and reinsurance products in the property and casualty market. We help power the businesses that drive the world economy, offering a comprehensive line of high-quality products and services designed to meet the unique coverage and claims-handling needs of our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that embraces diversity and design thinking, relies on innovation and agility, promotes collaborative service delivery, frequent, integrated communication, and authentic recognition of excellence. View the latest Investor Presentation to learn more about Argo.
- As the most senior local office services employee, the Office Services Supervisor is accountable for the direction and management of all areas of local operational activities, including but not limited to vendor relations, local and national employee support and engagement, and departmental initiatives.
- Build and independently manage relationships with approximately 15 vendors, as well as property managers, and other key client contacts.
- Use independent discretion in the management of local office services, including but not limited to reviewing, negotiating, and engaging in vendor contracts on behalf of the company with authority of up to $10,000 in value.
- Ensure that local facilities are adequately equipped with appropriate amount of supplies and resources in order to support all levels of employees, including Executive leadership and Executive support staff.
- Devise and carry out solutions to support Executive level employees and guests on matters related to office services, including collaborating with and influencing Executive support staff.
- Responsible for coordinating with various senior departmental members to provide efficient support and assist in managing team focus.
- Develop office initiatives designed to create connections between employees, including introductions, overseeing events, electronic and print communications, and building walkthroughs.
- Monitors, coordinates, and leads office support services including reception, office and break room supplies, and mailing operation.
- Accountable for providing facilities support for all employees, as well as internal and external visitors, while displaying professionalism and a knowledge of necessary systems and procedures.
- Manage the office layout, furniture/equipment arrangement, coordinating local office equipment upkeep and repair (i.e.: copier, fax machine, etc.), general housekeeping of the office facilities, and other items related to the day-to-day operations of the office.
- Schedule and supervise vendor construction/repair activities performed to ensure satisfactory and timely deliveries.
- Responsible for the local implementation and upkeep of visitor and workspace management systems to maintain accurate and up-to-date records of local employees, visitors, and spaces.
- Responsible for managing and enforcing employee adherence to company health and safety measures, including but not limited to managing daily office capacity limits, ensuring completion of health checks, and overseeing the continued use of PPE and social distancing, as needed.
- Accountable for tracking, controlling costs, and budgeting associated with maintaining the local facilities, while ensuring compliance with company purchasing policies and department budgetary restrictions.
- Direct the upkeep and operations of facility in conjunction with the building management/maintenance teams to ensure that all infrastructure systems are operating optimally, including but not limited to resolving and reporting HVAC issues, recycling, changing light bulbs, heating/air conditioning problems, water issues, and general repairs.
- Responsible for the reporting of security incidents, including but not limited to liaising with local security, and internal physical/data security department, reporting, and addressing security risks/issues, etc.
- Exemplifies team professionalism when performing front-facing tasks, such as greeting and interacting with guests and employees.
- Support the Human Resources team in the onboarding process for new hires by preparing employee workspaces, providing day one information and guidance, and updating departmental records.
Departmental Support and Accountability:
- Ensure resolution of employee requests via departmental email and internal service requests.
- Contribute to department-wide efforts in the day-to-day operations of all US offices, as needed.
- Contribute to special Facilities projects, including remote employee support and implementation of new policies and initiatives.
- Effectively communicate updates and progress on individual projects to the team.
- Ensure support is provided to office ambassadors in locations without local facilities presence.
- Maintain local Business Continuity Plan and Safety Committee in cooperation with business unit leaders.
- Act as local delegate for emergency notifications via Everbridge, as needed.
- Ensure continued training and development for employee and local team, when applicable.
Office-Related Communication and Events:
- Provide internal and external communication that ensures a professional representation of the company.
- Attend meetings as expected.
- Lead efforts to create a collaborative environment amongst employees through office-wide events and personal introductions.
- Execute office-wide culture building events within set annual budget.
- Represent the Facilities department through interactions with leaders and a variety of internal staff to provide solutions to problems and communicate status of projects in a timely and professional manner.
- Maintain professional and effective working relationships with local leadership using clear and concise communications (verbal, email, notifications, etc.) to ensure smooth, continuous business operations.
- Maintain professional relationships and coordinate work with contractors, suppliers, and property manager.
- High school diploma required; Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience is preferred.
- Eight or more years’ of direct and/or related facilities or office services experience.
- Three or more years’ previous experience in a challenging high-profile role supporting senior management.
- Three or more years’ in a leadership/supervisory role.
- Excellent written communication skills for report, minute, agenda writing, and editing of documents.
- Ability to make decisions while managing competing priorities.
- Background in working within a medium-to-large complex organization.
- One or more years’ experience on multi-line PBX system.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite.
Physical Requirements demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- May be required to rarely lift up to 50 lbs., occasionally lift up to 20lbs, and often lift up to 10 lbs.
- Long periods of sitting
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a variety of standard office equipment.
- Occasional bending, reaching and stretching.
- The work environment is that of a fast-paced office with minimal to high noise levels.
- This position requires working independently as well as part of a team.
- This position requires verbal and face-to-face contact with others daily.
- Frequent use of a computer is necessary.
- This position requires the use of all general office equipment.
- The position requires client information be maintained appropriately confidential.
- Up to 15%
PLEASE NOTE: At this time, Argo Group will not sponsor an applicant for employment authorization for this position.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Argo Group, please contact our Benefits Department at 210-321-8400.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless you have been requested to work on this position, or other positions with Argo Group, please do not forward any resumes to Argo Group employees. Argo Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
How We Work - Our Employee Values
Employees at Argo thrive together as a responsible, profitable specialty insurer where all stakeholders share in our success.
We are committed to:
- The entrepreneurial spirit
- Doing the right thing
- Respecting each other
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Developing our employees professionally and personally strengthens our organization.
Argo Group offers an attractive Total Rewards package that includes:
- A culture that recognizes performance and empowers employees to excel, offering competitive compensation and merit driven profit sharing.
- Flexible workplace policies that support employee well-being include compressed hours, flex-time, job-sharing, remote work, sabbatical leave, holiday and summer hours.
- Comprehensive health, wellness, and financial planning options that employees can tailor to meet their personal and family needs. In addition to traditional health and wellness plans, benefits include retirement savings, matching 401K (US-based employees), generous paid time off (PTO), paid caregiver and parental leave, employee assistance program (EAP), an employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) offering a 15% discount, and an array of voluntary benefits.
- Argo Academy, a digital and instructor-led platform that offers continuous learning and professional development – Training magazine lists Argo among the Training "Top 125" Companies. Argo encourages career mobility and continuing education to pursue and maintain professional and industry designations, in addition to traditional university and higher education programs.
- An inclusive culture that develops and sponsors diverse teams, encourages cross-functional engagement and collaboration, builds community through employee resource groups (ERGs), and provides an environment that welcomes ongoing dialogue, creative innovation, professional and personal development.
- Active community outreach and volunteer programs in addition to matching charitable gifts by 100%.
- A generous Employee Referral program that has resulted in 25% of all new hires this year.