At Argo Group, you can be part of an organization where we are small enough to be agile and big enough to make a difference. You can make a direct impact while working in a high-performing, innovative and inclusive team.
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. (NYSE: ARGO) is a global multiline underwriter of specialty insurance and reinsurance products in the property and casualty market. We help power the businesses that drive the world economy, offering a comprehensive line of high-quality products and services designed to meet the unique coverage and claims-handling needs of our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that embraces diversity and design thinking, relies on innovation and agility, promotes collaborative service delivery, frequent, integrated communication, and authentic recognition of excellence. View the latest Investor Presentation to learn more about Argo.
The Senior Business Process Engineer will be responsible for consistently delivering business process improvement projects throughout the group. The position will work with subject matter experts in identifying and executing process improvement projects that sustainably improve customer and employee experiences while measurably enhancing overall Group performance. This position requires initiative, commitment, excellent communication skills and a high degree of technical competence.
- Help deliver Process Improvement projects that deliver measurable business results through effective process development, integrated project/change management and implementation.
- Work on multiple initiatives of significant scope and complexity.
- Perform complex work assignments and problem resolution across systems, processes and/or channels.
- May lead projects or work as part of a project team under the direction of the AVP Process Improvement & Automation, or the Lead Process Engineer.
- Identify, analyze and scope process improvement opportunities.
- Create project documentation and manage projects.
- Partner with key stakeholders to ensure alignment with strategic priorities.
- Shape vision, mobilize commitment and influence stakeholders to change process, systems and structures.
- Demonstrate strong project governance and a keen attention to detail.
- Utilize knowledge of customers, products, processes and Continuous Improvement expertise to analyze business problem(s) and determine the best methods (people, process and/or technology) to resolve defects and issues.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in the deployment of Business Process Engineering through the application of process improvement methodologies (Six Sigma, LEAN, BPM, and basic problem solving).
- Work as part of a team.
- Provide expertise and share best practices regarding Process Improvement tools, methodologies, and team leadership.
Skills and Experience
- 5+ years’ professional business or consulting experience in process improvement or a similar operations discipline within Property & Casualty Insurance or a closely related field.
- Proven track record of solution design and implementation within business processes.
- Proven ability to influence and affect change.
- Track record of delivering tangible results through process improvement.
- Proven problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills.
- Excellent process mapping and requirement gathering skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be an active listener comfortable with collaboration and able to quickly establish rapport and leverage relationships with stakeholders.
- Strong project management skills including the ability to define project scope and deliverables, and to manage stakeholders.
- Ability to lead an effectively facilitate workshops.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent industry experience.
- Master's Degree in Engineering or MBA preferred.
- Lean Six Sigma certified or equivalent certification.
PLEASE NOTE: At this time, Argo Group will not sponsor an applicant for employment authorization for this position.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Argo Group, please contact our Benefits Department at 210-321-8400.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless you have been requested to work on this position, or other positions with Argo Group, please do not forward any resumes to Argo Group employees. Argo Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
How We Work - Our Employee Values
Employees at Argo thrive together as a responsible, profitable specialty insurer where all stakeholders share in our success.
We are committed to:
- The entrepreneurial spirit
- Doing the right thing
- Respecting each other
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Developing our employees professionally and personally strengthens our organization.
Argo Group offers an attractive Total Rewards package that includes:
- A culture that recognizes performance and empowers employees to excel, offering competitive compensation and merit driven profit sharing.
- Flexible workplace policies that support employee well-being include compressed hours, flex-time, job-sharing, remote work, sabbatical leave, holiday and summer hours.
- Comprehensive health, wellness, and financial planning options that employees can tailor to meet their personal and family needs. In addition to traditional health and wellness plans, benefits include retirement savings, matching 401K, generous paid time off (PTO), paid caregiver and parental leave, employee assistance program (EAP), an employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) offering a 15% discount, and an array of voluntary benefits.
- Argo Academy, a digital and instructor-led platform that offers continuous learning and professional development – Training magazine lists Argo among the Training "Top 125" Companies. Argo encourages career mobility and continuing education to pursue and maintain professional and industry designations, in addition to traditional university and higher education programs.
- An inclusive culture that develops and sponsors diverse teams, encourages cross-functional engagement and collaboration, builds community through employee resource groups (ERGs), and provides an environment that welcomes ongoing dialogue, creative innovation, professional and personal development.
- Active community outreach and volunteer programs in addition to matching charitable gifts by 150%.
- A generous Employee Referral program that has resulted in 25% of all new hires this year.