We are seeking an Actuarial Analyst - Corporate Reserving to assist with Group reserve related projects including review and analysis of Run-off segment reserves.
- Assist the VP – Corporate Reserving in updating drafts of materials used in quarterly reporting (Reserve Committee meeting material, quarterly reserving Q&A document, quarterly reserve position walk, material for Group Audit Committee, etc.).
- Gather inputs and perform initial Group technical provision calculations.
- Assist in preparation and reconciliation of reserve related data supplied to external parties.
- Perform administrative tasks associated with the internal peer review process for reserving including scheduling and maintaining documentation.
- Assist in performing semi-annual analyses of gross and net reserves for the Run-off segment.
- Interact with segment reserving to understand data needs and provide assistance to those areas as needed.
- Improvement of data and reports to increase the efficiency of the Group close process and associated reporting.
- Basic knowledge of property/casualty insurance.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to convey technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Ability to interact and work within a team environment and approach actuarial work as collaborative product.
- Detail-oriented and able to quickly evaluate accuracy of information.
- Experience with Windows and Microsoft Office Suite (particularly Excel, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint).
- Ability to work with various data software such as SQL and Power BI.
- Experience with ResQ a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in actuarial science, mathematics or related field of study.
- 3+ exams of the Casualty Actuarial Society pursuing credentials.
- 2+ years of property/casualty experience.
How We Work
Employees at Argo thrive together as a responsible, profitable specialty insurer where all stakeholders share in our success.
We are committed to:
- The entrepreneurial spirit
- Doing the right thing
- Respecting each other
Developing our employees professionally and personally strengthens our organization. Argo Group offers:
- An attractive Total Rewards package that includes:
- Base pay and profit sharing.
- Comprehensive benefits designed to protect and enhance your life and your dependents’ lives by way of health and wellness plans, life insurance, retirement savings including matching 401K, generous PTO, Paid Caregiver Leave, Paid Parental Leave, and an opportunity to become a shareholder at a 15% discount.
- Argo Academy, a digital and instructor-led platform that helps us focus on continuous learning – which is why Training magazine named us as one of the Training Top 125 Companies.
- Opportunities to support your local community though various outreach programs or by matching your gift to charitable causes by 150%.
- A generous Employee Referral program that resulted in 25% of all new hires this year.
- Flexible Work Arrangements that include Compressed Hours, Flextime, Job-Sharing, Part-Time and Remote Work, Sabbatical Leave, and Summer Hours.
About Argo Group
- We have a very flat organizational structure, enabling our employees have more interaction with our senior management team.
- View the latest Investor Presentation to learn more about Argo.
- We believe in building an inclusive and diverse team, and we strive to make our office a welcoming space for everyone. We encourage talented people from all backgrounds to apply.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
PLEASE NOTE: At this time, Argo Group will not sponsor an applicant for employment authorization for this position.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Argo Group, please contact our Benefits Department at 210-321-8400.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless you have been requested to work on this position, or other positions with Argo Group, please do not forward any resumes to Argo Group employees. Argo Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.