What's Next For You? You’ve spent the better part of your career crafting the right message and considering the most effective external channels for delivery. You’re familiar with a broad range of communication channels because you can’t really think about one without considering how it links to the others. You’re obsessed with quality.
You’re probably a news junkie with a passion for helping company thought leaders extend their messages through traditional and contemporary media; awards and recognition; speaking opportunities; and owned media platforms. You understand how to craft a message in a world where you’re competing with B2B, TMZ and Facebook communications – whether you like it or not. Sound like you?
What You Can Expect
Argo Group has an excellent opportunity for you to apply your creative thinking and digital marketing expertise while crafting compelling content that is bound to capture the attention and engage our colleagues. Based in Chicago, NYC, San Antonio, or even remote, the AVP of Employee Communications will:
- Serve as a strategic communication advisor to senior leaders and communication team members.
- Develop and execute communication strategies that support organizational agendas.
- Manage and coordinate the development, alignment and implementation of key messages across the organization, ensuring consistent themes across business units, staff functions, and geographies.
- Manage the development of content for the following: intranet, internal social media, employee communication meetings, human resources initiatives, videos, and other communications as necessary.
- Lead and manage a matrixed team and external vendors who support employee communication, external brand and other special programs and/or events.
- Develop measurement criteria to effectively evaluate communication programs and continuously improve based on results.
- Create and lead an annual strategic communication planning process.
- Anticipate and plan communication strategies for organizational changes and specific organizational events.
- Build communication skills, capabilities and competencies within the team and across the organization.
Core qualifications and requirements for this position include:
- 10+ years of employee communications/writing experience in a corporate environment.
- P&C Insurance and/or financial services experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university required. Advanced degree and/or professional designation preferred.
- Outstanding editorial skills and commitment to the highest level of quality communications.
- Detail-oriented, organized, strong project manager.
- Understanding of industry best practices and an eagerness to implement innovative communication strategies.
- Experience executing and building employee communication programs, driving innovation and creativity.
- Experience leading change management/organizational effectiveness communication plans.
- Experience supporting human resources’ communications, such as open enrollment, performance management, wellness, and employee development.
- Demonstrated critical and strategic thinking skills.
- Experience maintaining effective relationships throughout an organization, as well as providing effective teambuilding/teamwork with staff.
- Experience with and technical understanding of communications systems and technologies used for employee communication.
- Demonstrated ability to coach communicators and develop talent.
- Event management and project planning skills.
How We Work
Employees at Argo thrive together as a responsible, profitable specialty insurer where all stakeholders share in our success.
We are committed to:
- The entrepreneurial spirit
- Doing the right thing
- Respecting each other
Developing our employees professionally and personally strengthens our organization. Argo Group offers:
- An attractive Total Rewards package that includes:
- Base pay and profit sharing.
- Comprehensive benefits designed to protect and enhance your life and your dependents’ lives by way of health and wellness plans, life insurance, retirement savings including matching 401K, generous PTO, Paid Caregiver Leave, Paid Parental Leave, and an opportunity to become a shareholder at a 15% discount.
- Argo Academy, a digital and instructor-led platform that helps us focus on continuous learning – which is why Training magazine named us as one of the Training Top 125 Companies.
- Opportunities to support your local community though various outreach programs or by matching your gift to charitable causes by 150%.
- A generous Employee Referral program that resulted in 25% of all new hires this year.
- Flexible Work Arrangements that include Compressed Hours, Flextime, Job-Sharing, Part-Time and Remote Work, Sabbatical Leave, and Summer Hours.
About Argo Group
- We have a very flat organizational structure, enabling our employees have more interaction with our senior management team.
- View the latest Investor Presentation to learn more about Argo.
- We believe in building an inclusive and diverse team, and we strive to make our office a welcoming space for everyone. We encourage talented people from all backgrounds to apply.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
PLEASE NOTE: At this time, Argo Group will not sponsor an applicant for employment authorization for this position.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Argo Group, please contact our Benefits Department at 210-321-8400.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless you have been requested to work on this position, or other positions with Argo Group, please do not forward any resumes to Argo Group employees. Argo Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.