Actuarial Analyst - Pricing
At Argo Group, our team members are critical to our long-term success – so wherever in the world they work, everyone works together. We are looking for an Actuarial Analyst working from our Chicago, IL or Denver, CO office.
What does an Actuarial Analyst Team Member’s day to day duties look like:
- Work in a team environment with underwriting, claims, financial, IT, digital and marketing professionals supporting our professional lines and cyber businesses.
- Data work in R, SQL, Excel and PowerBI
- Conduct a full range of actuarial and financial analysis to quantify performance including predictive modeling
What’s required for the position:
- Experience with at least one coding language (SQL, R, Python, SAS, VBA, etc.)
- Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics or Statistics or related field of study
- 3+ exams in current pursuit of ACAS
- Broad overall knowledge of insurance
- Strong communication skills with the ability to convey technical concepts to management and other functional areas.
- Ability to interact and work within a team environment and approach actuarial work as collaborative product.
- Ability to manage concurrent projects.
- Polished and professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to quickly evaluate accuracy of information.
- Proficient PC skills developed through extensive use of Windows and Microsoft Office Suite (particularly Excel, Outlook, and Word).
In addition, you embody our core values as they are the key to our success:
- We desire to excel
- We are committed to our clients and to each other
- We have the courage to do the right thing
- We apply original thinking
If you have these preferred skills that is even better:
- 3+ years of pricing actuarial experience in multiple lines of insurance
- Proficient in R and SQL
- Experience with Commercial Inland Marine or Programs pricing
- Predictive modeling experience
- Experience doing competitor analysis using filed rating plans
- Rate filing experience
- Experience with rate indications and calculating rate change
- Experience with Visualization tools such as PowerBI
- Creative and flexible mentality
Culture Fit & Impact: Argo’s Values
Demonstrate entrepreneurial spirit:
- Get the job done in a non-bureaucratic, resourceful manner.
- Create a culture of accountability ensuring the delivery of world-class products and services.
Do the right thing:
- Act with integrity always.
- Adhere to the commitments set forth in the Argo Group Environmental, Social and Governance program.
- Create an open and transparent environment in which diverse experience, skill sets, and individuals can team together to drive optimal outcomes.
- Encourage and include unique perspectives at all times.
Respect each other:
- Create an environment that promotes dialogue, mutual support and cooperation between and among all, where people are fun to be around, proud of what they do, and willing to achieve beyond normal expectations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
PLEASE NOTE: At this time, Argo Group will not sponsor an applicant for employment authorization for this position.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Argo Group, please contact our Benefits Department.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless you have been requested to work on this position, or other positions with Argo Group, please do not forward any resumes to Argo Group employees. Argo Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.