- Assist in ensuring the accuracy and completeness of syndicate general ledger
- Production of all monthly/ quarterly syndicate reconciliations
- Provide cover and support for accounts payable function
- Support the production of syndicate financial statements
- Assist in the production of syndicate regulatory reporting
- Develop key relationships within the finance team & outsourced service provider
- Develop relationships with Actuarial and other departments
- Review work performed by SGS
- Ensure SOX compliance
- Assist in production of 10Q/K reporting schedules
- Assist in Cash flow reporting
- Assist in production of UNV data for posting
- Assist in preparation of readiness for Solvency II reporting
- Assist in delivery of process efficiencies / improvements
- Preparation and posting of UNV accruals
- Production of QMA returns
- Production of quarterly Trust Fund Returns
- Responsibility for Syndicate balance sheet
- Production of all syndicate related audit information
Skills and Competencies
- Understanding of Lloyd's accounting processes
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to develop and foster relationships within a team environment
- Flexibility / adaptability
- Problem solving skills
- Good organisational, results orientated
- Attention to detail
- 3 A levels (Minimum of an A required in either Mathematics or Economics)
- Bachelors degree or equivalent preferred
- Studying towards professional accounting qualification
Technical Skills & Expertise
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience of Lloyd's market and Syndicate accounting
- Experience of using / maintaining general ledger systems
Demonstrate entrepreneurial spirit:
- Get the job done in a non-bureaucratic, resourceful manner.
- Create a culture of accountability ensuring the delivery of world-class products and services.
Do the right thing:
- Act with integrity always.
- Adhere to the commitments set forth in the Argo Group Environmental, Social and Governance program.
- Create an open and transparent environment in which diverse experience, skill sets, and individuals can team together to drive optimal outcomes.
- Encourage and include unique perspectives at all times.
Respect each other:
- Create an environment that promotes dialogue, mutual support and cooperation between and among all, where people are fun to be around, proud of what they do, and willing to achieve beyond normal expectations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
PLEASE NOTE: At this time, Argo Group will not sponsor an applicant for employment authorization for this position.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Argo Group, please contact our Benefits Department.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless you have been requested to work on this position, or other positions with Argo Group, please do not forward any resumes to Argo Group employees. Argo Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.