At Argo Group, our team members are critical to our long-term success – so wherever in the world they work, everyone works together. Within Group Data we are looking for a Sr. Solution Architect working from our one of the Argo offices or remotely.
The Sr. Solution Architect will work for the VP of Group Data. They will have a major role in providing lead technical services to analyze, design, and deliver business solutions. The Sr. Solution Architect lends expertise to answer technical consulting questions, individually or as part of a project team. Serves as a senior subject matter expert associated with content, processes, and procedures associated with enterprise applications plans. Prepares and participates in "deep dive" technical evaluation meetings, investigating processes to understand data and communications flow within Argo’s Ecosystem. They will also promote consistency and collaboration with all functional departments with primary focus on optimizing all business processes supported by information technology.
Sr Solution Architect will work with the following team members:
- Direct of Data to understand current state
- Director of BI & Analytics Data manager to understand the expectation of the end state of the services.
- Enterprise Data Warehouse Architect to understand current EDW model and collaboration on dimensional models
- Business stakeholders to discuss ensure we are building solutions that meet their needs
- Cloud Architect and Infrastructure
- Information Security and Architecture Team to develop secure solution by following corporate standards.
This role will have extensive interaction with leadership. This position requires a wide range of domain knowledge within the P&C Insurance industry, technical development, design, and multitasking skills. The role requires up to 50% travel.
What does a Sr Solution Architect Team Member’s day to day duties look like:
- Collaboration with Data Transformation Project Team
- Applying architectural and engineering concepts to design the governance that meets operational requirements, such as scalability, maintainability, security, reliability, extensibility, flexibility, availability and manageability.
- Document the environment runbook, architecture, functional design and technical design
- Ensures the data model solutions necessary to support dynamic business information n
What’s required for the position:
- 10+ years of experience in designing an Enterprise Datawarehouse Solution
- 10+ years of experience in a medium to large Insurance (P&C) Company
- 5+ years of experience in Reinsurance
- 5+ years of experience in designing large scale data.
- 5+ years of experience in building data platforms.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills are must.
- Experience with building commercial dashboard is a plus.
If you have these preferred skills, that is even better:
- Provide technical thought leadership to the IT and Data organization with regards to the latest data and analytics industry trends.
- Experience managing delivery teams focused on Information Analysis.
- Understanding of Data Governance model and supporting structure.
- Ability to partner with Business teams to drive improved performance and quality.
- Experience working with a distributed office environment.
In addition, you embody our core values as they are the key to our success:
- We desire to excel
- We are committed to our clients and to each other
- We have the courage to do the right thing
- We apply original thinking
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
PLEASE NOTE: At this time, Argo Group will not sponsor an applicant for employment authorization for this position.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Argo Group, please contact our Benefits Department.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless you have been requested to work on this position, or other positions with Argo Group, please do not forward any resumes to Argo Group employees. Argo Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.