Argo Group underwrites specialty insurance in niche areas of the property casualty market. Our team members are critical to our long-term success. We work together to serve specialty markets, focused on the success of each of our customers by offering specialty coverage through our subsidiaries. Our full line of high-quality products and services is designed to meet the unique coverage and claim-handling needs of our clients. Learn more about Argo here.
We are looking for a Senior Underwriter to join our team. This is a production underwriting position responsible for marketing, underwriting and processing of Architects & Engineers and Miscellaneous Professional Liability lines of business. You may work remote and be based in the Chicago, New York, or San Francisco office.
The primary duties and responsibilities of the role are:
- Underwrite and analyze new business and renewal submissions. Products include Architects & Engineers Professional Liability and Miscellaneous Professional Liability.
- Ensure our marketing initiatives are achieved and that consistent communication of our products and services are provided to our appointed brokers.
- Assist underwriting manager and product leaders in further developing existing broker relations as well as establish new relationships to attract business opportunities.
- Develop and maintain a submission pipeline sufficient to achieve overall production and business mix objectives.
Core qualifications and requirements for this position include:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university plus at least one year of underwriting experience in commercial lines, preferably with experience in A&E, MPL or both.
- Strong computer skills. Proficient in PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and Word.
- Excellent organization skills, very strong analytical, oral and written communication skills required.
- The ability to meet tight deadlines is essential.
- Strong customer service and teamwork skills and a professional attitude needed.
- Must be able to quickly evaluate the accuracy of data and information.
- Ability to interact and communicate with various levels of the organization to cross sell or address processing requirements.
- Ability to work independently with guidance and procedures provided.
- Actively participate in client and broker meetings, as required.
- Use market contacts to bring in A&E and MPL business, gather and share market intelligence and cross sell Argo Pro and other Argo Group products.
- Participate in special projects and assignments as requested.
- Ability to travel
How We Work
Employees at Argo thrive together as a responsible, profitable specialty insurer where all stakeholders share in our success.
We are committed to:
- The entrepreneurial spirit
- Doing the right thing
- Respecting each other
We offer our employees:
- An attractive Total Rewards package that includes:
- Base pay and profit sharing.
- Comprehensive benefits designed to protect and enhance your life and your dependents’ lives by way of health and wellness plans, life insurance, a matching 401(k) Plan, generous PTO, Paid Caregiver Leave, Paid Parental Leave (up to 12 weeks), and an opportunity to become a shareholder at a 15% discount.
- Argo Academy, a digital and instructor-led platform that helps us focus on continuous learning and which got us named in Training magazine as one of the Training Top 125 Companies.
- Opportunities to support your local community though various outreach programs or by matching your gift to charitable causes by 150%.
- A lucrative Employee Referral program
- Flexible Work Arrangements that include Compressed Hours, Flex time, Job-Sharing, Part-Time and Remote or Home Working, Sabbatical Leave and Summer Hours that give our employees the balance they need to excel at their jobs.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
PLEASE NOTE: At this time, Argo Group will not sponsor an applicant for employment authorization for this position.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Argo Group, please contact our Benefits Department.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless you have been requested to work on this position, or other positions with Argo Group, please do not forward any resumes to Argo Group employees. Argo Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.