Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
Vehicle Operations’ essential function at Argo AI is to safely execute the test and road operations initiatives set forth by our engineering team. Vehicle Operations consists of a team of experts who understand Argo AI’s underlying vehicle technology and programs. The team then uses that information to effectively manage efforts to meet our mileage and performance goals. These programs will provide detailed feedback to our engineering team on how our vehicles are performing.
We are looking for a safety oriented and highly motivated AVS Test Manager to join our team and help us realize this vision.
What you’ll do:
- You will be responsible for executing the test and road operations program of our autonomous vehicles, AVS Test Managers/Specialists and facilities
- You will learn about the underlying technology of our vehicles and programs and use that information to effectively manage efforts to meet our mileage and performance goals
- These programs will provide detailed feedback to our engineering team on how our vehicles are performing in the form of test and driving reports
What we’re looking for:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in any field of study
- Autonomous Vehicle Operations and Support experience
- Varied skillset in a technical environment managing teams, facilities and other physical assets
- Ability to lead training and continuing education sessions for AVS Test Managers/Specialists and/or Technicians
- Detail oriented mindset with a focus on safety and procedure
- Demonstrated ability to manage the scheduling processes of a large operations program
- Strong desire to learn new skills related to technology and software
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to span a large and varied workforce
- Ability to legally operate a motor vehicle with 5+ years of experience and a clean driving record
- Proven experience in a training and management setting with the ability to conduct process and safety orientations
Additional Requirement: Occasional travel to remote offices and test facilities.
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup