Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
The Simulation Jobs Platform team is responsible for building a highly scalable distributed platform for managing, running, and aggregating millions of simulation jobs per day. This is a big compute platform that will generate petabytes of data along and require web services to manage/status workloads.
What you'll do:
- Be a part of building a virtual world to allowing us to iterate quickly, test safely before getting to a car, and to get enough virtual miles to help build our safety case.
- This includes (but is not limited to) simulating other cars, pedestrians, bicycles, creating static objects, parked cars, saving and loading scenarios, etc.
- These simulations need to be runnable in the cloud as well which means they need to be efficient and highly-parallelized
What we're looking for:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Strong software skills are required but we are language agnostic. A willingness to gain stronger software engineering knowledge and deep expertise in C++ and some python is required
- Strong desire for candidates that have a customer driven focus who intimately understand the challenges of working with complex systems and have a quantitative/data driven approach to improve system performance
- Preference for candidates with hands on experience who have built simulation environments for real platforms, or for realistic gaming engines
- Strong presentation and communication skills are desired
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup