Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
The Argo AI Motion Planning team is the team that brings all of the autonomy inputs together. The team is responsible for taking perception, prediction, and mapping inputs and combining them to generate a safe, yet comfortable ride. This role will involve work on high-level decision making. This includes route planning, reasoning about lane geometry, intersections, traffic light decision making, lane changes, merging, other actors on the road (such as vehicles, pedestrians, bicyclists, etc.) among other things. Work by this team also involves taking these decisions and producing trajectories for the vehicle to drive.
What you'll do:
- Design and develop algorithms throughout the Motion Planning stack, which could include things ranging from route planning, trajectory optimization, decision making, and even some ride comfort work.
- Test and debug algorithms and code being ran on the vehicle. Including:
- Simulation testing
- Log playback and resim
- Cloud simulation
- On vehicle testing
- Work with other teams to ensure capabilities align with Motion Planning needs.
What we're looking for:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Strong theoretical and applied skills in subsets of Motion Planning: Motion/trajectory planning and route planning applied to land, air, space, or water-based robots such as behavioral planning, shortest path, obstacle avoidance, A*, D*, lattice, and RRT to name a few
- Hands on experience with real platforms and with an intimate understanding of the challenges of working with complex systems and a quantitative/data driven approach to improve system performance
- Experience building systems that must convey intent as well as making optimal decisions and/or interact with humans on a regular basis, preferred
- Strong software skills are required but we are language agnostic. A willingness to gain stronger software engineering knowledge and deep expertise in C++ and some python is required
- Strong presentation and communication skills are desired
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup