Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
As the foundation of Argo AI engineering, the Dev Infra team is poised to scale the ever-growing engineering practice and to build the most productive engineering team in the world. We build the infrastructure and tooling that touch all phases and all aspects of software development: from source management to deploying to individual AVs roaming around different cities, from distributed building/testing to orchestrating container based integration tests in the cloud, from customizing and installing OSs and firmware to building CLI and web based applications.
At Dev Infra, you will get to work with C++, Python, Java, Go, Typescript, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, Jenkins, SaltStack, Linux, embedded systems, etc. Our team is impactful and high-leverage: we make the entire engineering organization more productive. You will have visibility into every other engineering team and their systems, and you'll engage in helping and mentoring them.
What you’ll do:
- Empower engineers to get to full autonomy faster by providing initiative and technical leadership to build reliable, high-quality solutions that scale with Argo’s engineering processes
- Work on cars, in the cloud, and with everything in between
- Contribute to our build/test/CI/CD system, the largest distributed system at Argo AI
- Collaborate with our customers (other Argo AI engineers) to understand their needs and ensure our team focuses on the highest-impact problems
- Write tools to provide fast, robust builds and tests across our entire tech stack
- Build the next generation of deployment infra that deploys to cars and data centers
- Create tools to monitor, analyze and report metrics on code quality and engineering practice
- Open source your work, describe it in blog posts, and talk about it at conferences
What we’re looking for:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Passion about automation, efficiency, quality, and developer happiness!
- Solid software engineering fundamentals and strong communication
Nice to haves:
- Experience with Python and C++
- You love build tools (make/cmake, ninja, bazel, buck, gradle)
- You are enthused by software quality (unit testing, SCA, test-automation)
- Experience working with modern build and CI systems (Jenkins, TeamCity, GitLab)
- Experience working with Docker and Kubernetes, especially for running GPU workloads
- You are familiar with cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCE, Azure, Kubernetes, Docker)
- Experience with OS(Linux) kernel or driver
- Experience with embedded systems (PetaLinux) or firmware development
- Experience with Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Salt, Terraform, etc
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup