Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
The RAD team is responsible for release and deployment at Argo AI. This comprises everything from making a reliable, performant build system to installing a custom OS on the car computers; from orchestrating cloud-based integration tests to automatically managing what software is deployed to which car.
As a member of the RAD team, you will get to work with Python, Java, Docker, SaltStack, Jenkins, and other modern technologies. We’re looking for someone who has experience with architecture and an eye for details; someone who can design a system, implement it in a clean and reliable way, and set up automation around it. Overall we’re looking for someone who is excited to help make Argo as a whole more efficient by creating and improving infrastructure that helps the whole organization get to full autonomy faster.
What you’ll do:
- Work on cars, in the cloud, and with everything in between
- Debug system-level issues, potentially involving hardware
- Architect and write release and deployment systems and tools
- Engage with internal customers for requirements, testing, and support
- Design and implement frameworks to enable developers to effectively and efficiently validate their work
What we're looking for:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Strong software engineering fundamentals
- Strong communications skills
- A deep desire for quality in software and architecture
- A deep understanding of software systems fundamentals
- Experience with Python and C++
- Experience with containerization and container orchestration
- Experience working with modern build and CI systems
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup