Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
The Embedded Software Engineering team at Argo AI is responsible for developing and validating a broad array of safety critical code for our sensor and computer systems. Embedded Software Engineers work with cross functional teams to develop the requirements and software architecture for our embedded systems. They write and test software for microcontrollers and system-on-chip (SoC) devices in the vehicle. And they conduct system integration validation testing with their peers.
What you’ll do:
- Deliver RTOS solutions for safety critical embedded software in a robotics + automotive environment.
- Design software for sensor control, inter processor communications, monitoring, drivers, acceptance testing, and more.
- Work with other Hardware Engineers to define requirements for hardware systems.
- Work with other Software Engineers to integrate embedded systems into Argo AI’s autonomy software stack.
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
Experience in software development for embedded devices
Experience in Low Level Communications Protocols
Experience in Bare Metal Product Environments
Strong C/C++ programming skills applied to embedded Microcontroller/Microprocessor targets
Experience in Memory Constrained Environments
Ability to understand PCB schematic and layout documents
Experience with debugging tools and methods for embedded targets
Quantitative / analytic mindset to probe, test and decompose challenging system problems into root cause issues with strong, detail oriented skills to solve them
A record of owning projects successfully and working in a fast paced environment
Ability to serve cross functional roles in a young company
Good experience writing concise, clear, and detailed engineering documentation
Strong presentation and communication skills
Experience with communication protocols used in embedded, robotics and automotive industries
Prefer candidates with experience developing highly complex hardware systems in robotics, transportation, aerospace, consumer electronics, defense, medical, energy, or similar industries
Open to occasional travel to remote offices, test facilities, engineering partners, or manufacturing partners
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.