Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
The Embedded Software Engineering team at Argo AI is responsible for developing and validating a broad array of safety critical code for our sensor and computer systems. Embedded Software Engineers work with cross functional teams to develop the requirements and software architecture for our embedded systems. They write and test software for microcontrollers and system-on-chip (SoC) devices in the vehicle. And they conduct system integration validation testing with their peers.
What you’ll do:
- Deliver RTOS solutions for safety critical embedded software in a robotics + automotive environment.
- Design software for sensor control, inter processor communications, monitoring, drivers, acceptance testing, and more.
- Work with other Hardware Engineers to define requirements for hardware systems.
- Work with other Software Engineers to integrate embedded systems into Argo AI’s autonomy software stack.
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
Experience in software development for embedded devices
Experience in Low Level Communications Protocols
Experience in Bare Metal Product Environments
Strong C/C++ programming skills applied to embedded Microcontroller/Microprocessor targets
Experience in Memory Constrained Environments
Ability to understand PCB schematic and layout documents
Experience with debugging tools and methods for embedded targets
Quantitative / analytic mindset to probe, test and decompose challenging system problems into root cause issues with strong, detail oriented skills to solve them
A record of owning projects successfully and working in a fast paced environment
Ability to serve cross functional roles in a young company
Good experience writing concise, clear, and detailed engineering documentation
Strong presentation and communication skills
Experience with communication protocols used in embedded, robotics and automotive industries
Prefer candidates with experience developing highly complex hardware systems in robotics, transportation, aerospace, consumer electronics, defense, medical, energy, or similar industries
Open to occasional travel to remote offices, test facilities, engineering partners, or manufacturing partners
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup