Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
The Hardware Engineering Compute team at Argo is responsible for developing and integrating complex, high-performance computing systems as part of our self-driving systems. Our multidisciplinary team interacts with a number of teams across Argo and our supply base. Hardware Engineers design, implement, and test the hardware which execute Argo’s autonomy software, working closely with Argo’s software and operations teams.
What you’ll do:
- Design state-of-the-art FPGA-based solutions for Argo’s embedded systems
- Collaborate with algorithm and software teams to define and implement high-performance computing platforms
- Execute verification and validation activities for deployment in production automotive environments
What we’re looking for:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics or a related field
- Strong experience with HDL (VHDL, Verilog)
- Strong experience with FPGA design and verification flows
- Experience with High Level Synthesis (HLS) tools
- Experience with verification tools (ModelSim, VCS)
- Experience with hardware debugging tools and methods
- Good experience writing concise, clear, and detailed engineering documentation
- Experience developing design requirements, conducting trade studies, developing prototype designs, executing design analysis / simulation, integrating prototypes, conducting verification / validation testing, debugging design failures, and deploying designs to production
- A record of owning projects successfully and working in a fast paced environment
- Ability to serve cross functional roles in a young company
- Quantitative / analytical mindset to probe, test and decompose challenging system problems into root cause issues with strong, detail oriented skills to solve them
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Designing systems requiring high levels of reliability and functional safety (ISO26262)
- Designing hardware components for robotics / automotive systems including sensing, localization, processing and communication protocols
- Developing highly complex hardware systems in robotics, transportation, aerospace, consumer electronics, defense, medical, energy, or similar industries
Additional Requirements: Possible occasional travel to remote offices, test facilities, engineering partners, or manufacturing partners
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup