Company: Argo AI GmbH
Who we are:
Argo AI is a global self-driving products and services company on a mission to make the world’s streets and roadways safe, accessible, and useful for all. Our technology is built to enable commercial services for autonomous delivery and ridesharing in cities.
With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s top consumer brands, we’re working block by block, city by city to empower people and businesses to be more successful. We’re individuals driven by strong values to solve complex problems together. Come join us to reimagine the human journey.
Meet the team:
The Product Security team at Argo ensures that our self-driving systems are protected from harmful attacks, unauthorized access, and any other attacks that could interfere with the safety or operations of our vehicle systems. The Product Security team performs activities associated with securing our system through threat modeling and security analyses, architecture & design, trade studies, implementation support, verification and test development, penetration testing, fuzzing, and more through cross-functional collaboration with multiple internal and external teams.
What you’ll do:
- Participate in engineering projects related to offboard and cloud platform systems to identify threats and vulnerabilities in our cloud and terminal infrastructure and applications
- Work hand-in-hand with various software and systems team focusing on application development to research, design and develop security solutions, technical and reference architectures, and supporting security strategies
- Work with engineering teams from concept through implementation, representing the consideration of security in the design throughout the process
- Review offboard services plans and updates to ensure security is considered appropriately
- Ensure inclusion of security standards and alignment with technical and reference architectures
- Lead and/or participate in the following product security engineering activities:
- Security architecture development
- Threat modelling, attack trees, risk analyses, and other security analyses
- Security requirements development on the self-driving system as well as operations required for successful product launches
- Identify tools for and analyze results of secure code analyzers and other tools
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Experience with developing full-stack security architectures for software and systems, particularly of internet-connected products
- Ability to develop and explain technical decisions and recommendations effectively with technical and non-technical audiences through verbal and written communications that lead to actionable and measurable improvements
- Proven ability to perform meticulous work with careful attention to detail but performed in a very fast-paced and exciting environment to identify threats, defects and weaknesses in complex systems, and to identify process improvement opportunities
- Ability to analyze threat and vulnerability information to prioritize for current and future architectures
- Ability to develop and implement novel and advanced security analysis techniques
- Ability to write secure code and review other's code for security issues and provide secure implementation guidance
- Curiosity for designing to thwart threats and vulnerabilities that may not even exist today
What we offer you:
- Competitive compensation packages
- 30 vacation days
- Subsidized daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Professional development reimbursement
- Global Employee assistance program (Offerings include: work-life balance support, mindfulness programs, life coaching, new parent coaching, and more!)
- Local and global discount programs
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,700-person strong company with strategic partnerships with some of the world’s leading consumer brands. With global headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate in eight cities across the U.S. and Germany in areas where self-driving technology can have the biggest impact on improving safety, traffic, and transportation equity.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.