Who we are:
Argo AI is a global self-driving products and services company on a mission to make the world’s streets and roadways safe, accessible, and useful for all. Our technology is built to enable commercial services for autonomous delivery and ridesharing in cities.
With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s top consumer brands, we’re working block by block, city by city to empower people and businesses to be more successful. We’re individuals driven by strong values to solve complex problems together. Come join us to reimagine the human journey.
Meet the team:
At Argo AI, the Overwatch team is building the next-generation of cloud and AV software that monitors, manages, and maintains every autonomous vehicle across multiple metros in the US and Germany. More specifically, we are responsible for -
- Transportation as a Service (TaaS) APIs for partner engagements
- Mission Control and Terminal Operations tooling to enable efficient management of a large fleet of autonomous vehicles
- Remote Operations including remote-guidance and remote-troubleshooting for autonomous vehicles
- Service Infrastructure - common services providing a great foundation for all cloud services across the entire company
- Ride-hailing mobile apps - in iOS and Android - showcasing our core product end-to-end
We believe in a few good developers building a solid, high-quality product.
What you’ll do:
Due to rapid, and continuing, team growth as Argo nears commercialization we have openings for multiple Software Engineering Managers within the Overwatch team across a range of skill sets.
For this specific role, managers with deep experience in frontend technologies such as React/Typescript will lead the development of a range of frontend tools across browser and mobile clients that are used to manage Argo’s AV fleets.
- Deliver User Interfaces atop Fleet Services, Trip Services, Map Services, Mission Control, Terminal Operations, Remote Operations, and Shared Services Infrastructure
- Design, Architect and support a UI infrastructure that helps developer productivity and is highly scalable
- Attract, hire, and develop the best frontend software engineers available
- Leverage your deep technical and managerial expertise to collaborate in a cross-discipline cross-geographical environment with the Argo Product team, the UX Design, Test and the various Operations teams to define the tooling necessary to efficiently scale Argo operations
- Own the roadmap and delivery of Technical Leads and Software Engineers within your team
- Implement strong product quality, performance, and security practices using Jenkins, Terraform, and Kubernetes
- Develop web user interfaces in react / typescript and looker dashboards for data analysis
Regardless of your focus area, you’ll collaborate closely with your peers within the Overwatch organization to build one integrated cloud services platform to support our development fleet, and our upcoming commercial scale autonomous vehicle fleet.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Experience building and leading a diverse team of engineers
- Significant experience developing, testing user interfaces in React/Typescript (5+ years)
- Significant data analysis experience
- Experience working with Data Warehouses like Redshift, BigQuery, or Snowflake
- Experience working with Business Intelligence tools like Looker, Qlik, or Tableau
- Previous experience working in projects in an agile software environment
- Belief in rigorous, high-quality engineering that produces tangible results quickly
- Experience with the challenges of integration, and the need to iterate quickly but with a purposeful plan to build towards larger longer-term goals
- Effectively work with others across a broad range of languages and technologies
- Excellent communication skills are required given our distributed and diverse team
Nice to haves:
- Experience with UX designing
- Exposure to mobile technologies
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Adoption & Surrogacy Assistance Program
- Paid medical leave
- 30 day paid sabbatical upon 5 years of employment
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiative
Argo AI was founded in 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,700-person strong company with strategic partnerships with some of the world’s leading consumer brands. With global headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate in eight cities across the U.S. and Germany in areas where self-driving technology can have the biggest impact on improving safety, traffic, and transportation equity.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.