Who we are:
Argo AI is a global self-driving products and services company on a mission to make the world’s streets and roadways safe, accessible, and useful for all. Our technology is built to enable commercial services for autonomous delivery and ridesharing in cities.
With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s top consumer brands, we’re working block by block, city by city to empower people and businesses to be more successful. We’re individuals driven by strong values to solve complex problems together. Come join us to reimagine the human journey.
The Staff Product Security Architect will work on a team chartered with ensuring that our autonomous vehicle systems are protected from harmful cyberattacks, unauthorized access, and any other cyber or physical threat that could interfere with the safety or operation of a self-driving vehicle. The Staff Product Security Architect is responsible for analyzing the systems through threat modeling, identifying threats, potential attack vectors and attack surfaces, and architecting a design solution containing security mechanisms or controls to reduce the risk of the threats through development of requirements, designs, and implementation guidelines. This position includes development of designs at multiple levels of granularity including system-level, component-level, and software-level designs and analyses.
What you’ll do:
- Design and define cyber security architecture through analyses, decomposition, and setting component-level security responsibilities;
- Define cybersecurity requirements for and work with engineering teams to successfully deliver on new software and hardware products for our self-driving vehicles;
- Perform security analyses at different abstraction layers of the design to identify threats, attack vectors, attack surfaces, and potential vulnerabilities;
- Collaborate with internal teams as well as component suppliers to achieve security goals of the product;
- Identify process gaps and building out enhancements to existing threat and incident response plans and procedures;
- Build procedures and systems to identify threats and suspicious activity across the infrastructure and products;
- Analyze tools for and results of secure code analyzers and working with Product Security leadership and software leads on secure development practices; and
- Research and develop threat intelligence briefings that are pertinent to our industry, company, and product.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Master of Science degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field of study, together with Five (5) years of experience in a related occupation.
- Will also accept a Bachelor of Science degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field of study together with seven (7) years of experience in a related occupation.
- Previous work experience must have included:
- At least three (3) years of experience in applying and tailoring existing automotive embedded systems security practices (ASPICE), including Cyber Security Standards (ISO 21434 and SAE J3061), and vulnerability management standards;
- At least three (3) years of experience in applying and tailoring existing security practices, including Cyber Threat
- Intel Standards (enisa, SANS and STIX), and vulnerability management standards;
- Developing and implementing security analysis techniques to analyze threat and vulnerability information for current and future architectures;
- Developing security architecture and design patterns for software and systems;
- Supporting a CI/CD build ecosystem using a variety of tools, including JIRA;
- Performing software development, debugging and code reviews for embedded products using C, C++ or Python programming languages; and
- Using static and dynamic analysis tools to evaluate software and find and remove vulnerabilities.
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Adoption & Surrogacy Assistance Program
- Paid medical leave
- 30 day paid sabbatical upon 5 years of employment
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,700-person strong company with strategic partnerships with some of the world’s leading consumer brands. With global headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate in eight cities across the U.S. and Germany in areas where self-driving technology can have the biggest impact on improving safety, traffic, and transportation equity.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.