Who we are:
Argo AI is a global self-driving products and services company on a mission to make the world’s streets and roadways safe, accessible, and useful for all. Our technology is built to enable commercial services for autonomous delivery and ridesharing in cities.
With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s top consumer brands, we’re working block by block, city by city to empower people and businesses to be more successful. We’re individuals driven by strong values to solve complex problems together. Come join us to reimagine the human journey.
Meet the team:
We are looking for a highly motivated and technically deep Technical Program Manager (TPM) to join our team. TPM develops, constantly maintains, and works on Argo’s org-level program plans to deliver and integrate our self-driving technology into our partner’s vehicles. As a part of this mission, the TPM Team facilitates interactions with our partner and top-level teams at Argo regularly. Candidates for this role must be technically strong enough to work cross-functionally with Software, Hardware and Test teams. They will focus on projects that work towards the launch with our OEM such as the implementation of new features and capabilities, creation of program targets and objectives, and planning that supports development in new cities.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with the Systems Engineering and Test teams to develop and optimize short term and long term plan for work that is needed to align with Argo’s overall goals.
- Work with Autonomous Vehicle software and hardware teams to develop and optimize timing requirements, objectives, test plans and interdependencies with activities such as, but not limited to: perception, machine learning, simulation, tracking, hardware, systems, and infrastructure
- Develop detailed implementation plans, maintain alignment, and monitor program status across multiple activities to reduce or remove dependencies
- Ensure timely delivery of systems engineering artifacts like requirements, DFMEAs, block diagrams, etc for implementing system capabilities on each HW generation according to an evolving, and faced-paced, program schedule
- Maintain a strong technical understanding of the entirety of the program across the entire lifecycle
- Interface regularly with highly-technical team leads, program managers, and Argo AI’s partners
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Minimum 2+ years of past experience as a Technical Program Management role in a software, robotics or systems development atmosphere
- Hands-on experience and strong background with modern project/software management processes and tools, e.g., agile, scrum, Jira/Rally, SmartSheets, and Google Suite
- Hands-on experience with systems engineering work for a complex system desired
- Hyper-organized mindset - able to be an influencer of projects to lead development, operations, and logistics toward a common goal
- Works effectively under extreme pressure - consistently delivers excellent results and high output rates in a fast-paced environment
- Strong problem-solving abilities - able to formulate solutions quickly by using a breadth and depth of knowledge / connections / etc
- Strong engineering intuition and critical thinking skills to challenge the engineering teams in a constructive manner
Nice to haves:
- List of things we prefer our ideal candidates have experience with
- Robotics or safety critical system experience
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Adoption & Surrogacy Assistance Program
- Paid medical leave
- 30 day paid sabbatical upon 5 years of employment
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,700-person strong company with strategic partnerships with some of the world’s leading consumer brands. With global headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate in eight cities across the U.S. and Germany in areas where self-driving technology can have the biggest impact on improving safety, traffic, and transportation equity.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.