Who we are:
Argo AI is a global self-driving products and services company on a mission to make the world’s streets and roadways safe, accessible, and useful for all. Our technology is built to enable commercial services for autonomous delivery and ridesharing in cities.
With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s top consumer brands, we’re working block by block, city by city to empower people and businesses to be more successful. We’re individuals driven by strong values to solve complex problems together. Come join us to reimagine the human journey.
Meet the team:
Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
What you’ll do:
The Technical Assistant will assist Argo AI’s Engineering and Operations team(s) with assembly and setup.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Tech school training or equivalent experience
- Basic assembly, disassembly skills
- Dexterity with hand tools; good handicraft skills
- Ability to followed a scripted procedure
- Attention to detail
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis (for handling materials)
- Ability to work both independently and in team settings
- Ability to work up at least eight (8) hours a day, with potential for overtime, in an onsite in a work environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members
Nice to haves:
- Ability to support overtime, a later shift (finish at 6pm), nights and/or weekends
- Ability to read diagrams and working-level blueprints
- Fabrication and/or automotive service background
Argo AI was founded in 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,700-person strong company with strategic partnerships with some of the world’s leading consumer brands. With global headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate in eight cities across the U.S. and Germany in areas where self-driving technology can have the biggest impact on improving safety, traffic, and transportation equity.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.