Company: Argo AI GmbH
Who we are:
Argo AI is a global self-driving products and services company on a mission to make the world’s streets and roadways safe, accessible, and useful for all. Our technology is built to enable commercial services for autonomous delivery and ridesharing in cities.
With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s top consumer brands, we’re working block by block, city by city to empower people and businesses to be more successful. We’re individuals driven by strong values to solve complex problems together. Come join us to reimagine the human journey.
Meet the team:
Our System Performance Libraries (SPL) team designs and implements High Performance Computing (HPC) libraries & tools/profilers using the latest CPU/GPU technologies for Argo’s AV stack. We pair our efforts with conducting company-wide training & cross-functionally hands-on helping autonomy teams to deliver algorithms for controlling the vehicle’s movement. We use the latest hardware with multi-core CPUs & many-core GPUs with the latest software toolchains to achieve our goals. Key technologies/compilers used are: C/C++17, multi-threading, CUDA, linux kernel, embedded, bazel, nvcc, gcc, clang on latest linux platforms. We aim for the safest and most performant way to deliver our libraries, while keeping key ease-of-use & re-usable library code for our autonomy team clients.
What you’ll do:
- Analyzing the architecture & designs of existing HPC libraries & solutions and propose new ideas, approaches and implementations
- Work cross-functionally & hands-on with our autonomy team clients, training & helping them using HPC methodologies
- Optimize implementations in respect to efficient use of the parallel computing hardware
- Contributing to the built up of the infrastructure / processes / standards in the team
- Work as a member of the SPL team located in Munich, Germany (EU)
- Producing high quality software in the safety relevant context of fully Automated Driving (AD)
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Excellent programming skills in C/C++
- Multiple years of hands-on experience with low-level HPC principles on either (or both) the CPU & the GPU
- Hands-on experience in developing either multi-core (CPU) or many-core (GPU) applications in C/C++
- Good understanding of library architecture, design and implementation
- Good foundation of applied computer science and Object Oriented (OO) design
- Good understanding of operating system architecture and systems programming
- Passionate for producing high-quality, production-ready and well-tested code
- Hands-on work-experience or Masters Degree/PhD on HPC subjects
Nice to haves:
- Practical experience in embedded and Linux kernel-level real-time automotive platforms
- Linux kernel development is a plus
- Library development (in HPC domains) is a plus
- Experience in GPU Computing (any APIs like CUDA, OpenCL, OpenGL/GLSL/Compute Shaders, Vulkan/SPIR-V) is a plus
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python is a plus
- Knowledge about build systems and development environments (bazel, cmake)
What we offer you:
- Competitive compensation packages
- 30 vacation days
- Subsidized daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Professional development reimbursement
- Global Employee assistance program (Offerings include: work-life balance support, mindfulness programs, life coaching, new parent coaching, and more!)
- Local and global discount programs
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,700-person strong company with strategic partnerships with some of the world’s leading consumer brands. With global headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate in eight cities across the U.S. and Germany in areas where self-driving technology can have the biggest impact on improving safety, traffic, and transportation equity.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.