Company: Argo AI GmbH
Who we are:
Argo AI is a global self-driving products and services company on a mission to make the world’s streets and roadways safe, accessible, and useful for all. Our technology is built to enable commercial services for autonomous delivery and ridesharing in cities.
With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s top consumer brands, we’re working block by block, city by city to empower people and businesses to be more successful. We’re individuals driven by strong values to solve complex problems together. Come join us to reimagine the human journey.
Meet the team:
The Firmware Application team is responsible for designing and implementing the embedded software application that enables the development of safety critical applications in a distributed embedded system architecture. The embedded software application includes the real time operating system, device driver, application level software components
Engineers in the Firmware Application team will be based in Munich, Germany, Pittsburgh, PA and Detroit, MI.
What you’ll do:
- Design, implement, test and maintain state-of-the-art safety-related development & test benches
- Specify, implement and execute SW-HW integration tests on module and system level including test on CAN and Ethernet
- Specify, implement and execute SW-HW integration tests on CPU and PCB level for CAN, Ethernet, SPI, I2C, DIO, ADC, etc
- Using tools like Lauterbach debugger, logic-, network- and bus-analyzer, CANoe, CANape, etc
- Collaborate with engineers across a variety of teams
What you'll need to succeed:
- Min. Bachelor degree in computer science, automation, robotics, or similar
- 5+ years experience in designing, implementing and maintaining safety-related development and test benches
- 5+ years experience in testing safety-related embedded real-time software for microcontrollers
- 5+ years experience in using and scripting tools like Lauterbach, CANoe and CANape on CAN and Ethernet
- 5+ years experience in developing python and linux shell scripts
- Proven experience in development for real time operating systems or bare metal software development using C and C++ is a plus
- Proven experience in C++14 embedded development is a plus
- Proven experience in Autosar based software development ia a plus
- English language spoken and written fluently
- Strong presentation and communication skills
Nice to haves:
- Hands-on experience with automotive projects and tools (Autosar, Infineon Aurix)
- Experience in safe software development (for example ISO-26262, IEC-61508, AUTOSAR, MISRA, and/or safety critical system design and best practices)
What we offer you:
- Competitive compensation packages
- 30 vacation days
- Subsidized daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Professional development reimbursement
- Global Employee assistance program (Offerings include: work-life balance support, mindfulness programs, life coaching, new parent coaching, and more!)
- Local and global discount programs
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,700-person strong company with strategic partnerships with some of the world’s leading consumer brands. With global headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate in eight cities across the U.S. and Germany in areas where self-driving technology can have the biggest impact on improving safety, traffic, and transportation equity.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.