Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
The Onboard Infrastructure Test, Tools, and Methodologies team covers a broad range of critical functions for the success of Argo's self driving platform. These include a full range of activities ranging from architecture, tools, bringup, integration, and software test.
The Validation Firmware Engineer is a role in software development. The primary task is to design microcontroller firmware to enable bringup and validation of the hardware modules for the Argo Self Driving System. It is a hands-on role involving day to day direct interaction with our product, and has a wide cross functional team interface. You will understand how every sensor plays a part in making the system work.
What you’ll do:
- Develop board-level and system-level functional verification software to comply with requirements from our OEM and manufacturing partners
- Work with our Hardware and Embedded Software teams to decompose requirements into implementations
- Support our manufacturing partners to integrate verification software into their manufacturing flow and troubleshoot issues
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- 3+ years of experience working as software engineer or software engineer in test
- Strong programming skills in C or C++
- Experience in software development for embedded devices
- Experience in low level communications interfaces and protocols, e.g. I2C, SPI, CAN, Ethernet, etc. Ideally, this experience includes handling devices at the metal
- Ability to understand hardware schematics, hardware/software interface specifications, verification and validation requirements and test plans
- Ability to troubleshoot issues to the component level
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Good in writing concise, clear, and detailed engineering documentation
- Demonstrated experience with tools like Lauterbach debugger, logic-analyzer, etc
- Demonstrated experience with Infineon Aurix or comparable MCUs
Nice to haves:
- Python, Bash, or similar scripting capability
- Experience in developing manufacturing software and understanding manufacturing processes in automotive or related fields is highly desired
- Experience with board level hardware validation is a strong plus
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.