Who we are:
Argo AI is a global self-driving products and services company on a mission to make the world’s streets and roadways safe, accessible, and useful for all. Our technology is built to enable commercial services for autonomous delivery and ridesharing in cities.
With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s top consumer brands, we’re working block by block, city by city to empower people and businesses to be more successful. We’re individuals driven by strong values to solve complex problems together. Come join us to reimagine the human journey.
Meet the team:
The Argo AI autonomy runtime team builds the onboard software ecosystem that supports the development and operation of our autonomous vehicles. Our goal is to provide a cutting-edge engineering framework on top of a distributed, always up-to-date, safe and secure software platform and operating system.
Members of the runtime team work at the core of the vehicle software stack. The challenge is to develop mission-critical, complex, and scalable software with great passion and attention to detail in regards to performance and robustness by stretching the capabilities of both high-performance and resource-constrained environments.
What you’ll do:
- Design and develop the software development infrastructure for autonomy application development
- Develop and extend the supporting tools and features of the runtime middleware to facilitate creation and debuggability of autonomy applications
- Create C++ programming frameworks and libraries for our autonomy engineers
- Plan and implement conceptual examples and training materials for software engineers
- Support the autonomy system developers to make sure their components are running efficiently and with minimal compute and memory usage
- Drive problem analysis, debugging, and bug-fixing activities in collaboration with software engineers and operations experts
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Strong fundamentals in applied computer science and related design patterns and algorithms
- Deep expertise, passion and never ending will to improve your skills in modern C++ (17/20)
- Fluency in C++ related design patterns and template meta programming
- Experience in system programming and the POSIX operating system interface
- Solid understanding in middleware technology and distributed systems
- Strong cross-team communication skills and customer driven attitude
Nice to haves:
- Fluency in the Python programming language
- Familiarity with Bazel, DSLs and code generation
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,700-person strong company with strategic partnerships with some of the world’s leading consumer brands. With global headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate in eight cities across the U.S. and Germany in areas where self-driving technology can have the biggest impact on improving safety, traffic, and transportation equity.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.