Company: Argo AI GmbH
Who we are:
Argo AI is a global self-driving products and services company on a mission to make the world’s streets and roadways safe, accessible, and useful for all. Our technology is built to enable commercial services for autonomous delivery and ridesharing in cities.
With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s top consumer brands, we’re working block by block, city by city to empower people and businesses to be more successful. We’re individuals driven by strong values to solve complex problems together. Come join us to reimagine the human journey.
Meet the team:
We are looking for the right individual to support our efforts in autonomy systems engineering. This role provides technical leadership for the team responsible for defining the systems analyses, architecture, and requirements for the SDS to satisfy performance and safety criteria. This includes candidates with knowledge on Autonomous Motion Planning, Motion Control, Perception, Localization, and Mapping systems.
Successful candidates will be able to step back and see the big picture of the autonomous vehicle system while also having the technical depth to be able to deep dive and review details within the safety architecture. Additionally, this individual will have strong leadership abilities and communication skills to gather consensus amongst the relevant stakeholders across the company and communicate findings and recommendations to the executive team in order to drive key, high impact decisions within Argo AI’s fast-paced autonomous vehicle program.
What you’ll do:
- Provide technical leadership on the development of autonomy systems & safety architecture to support systems requirements, safety requirements, and safety of the intended functionality (SOTIF)
- Provide technical leadership on their assigned portion of the safety case regarding Product Safety
- Perform systems & safety analysis activities including use case analysis, scenario analysis, OEM interfaces, vehicle platform integration, safety & performance metrics, communication bus interfaces, and more
- Use a systems-level, data-driven approach to drive decision making
- Familiarity with autonomy systems, preferably autonomous driving including core functions such as Planning, Controls, Localization, etc
- Familiarity with Key Performance Indicators(KPIs) and Safety Performance Indicators(SPIs), particularly regarding autonomous systems
- “Figure it out” mentality when dealing with complex & ambiguous problems to solve
- Communicate effectively to make recommendations and drive consensus amongst all stakeholders (executive team, product, customer, engineering, test)
What you'll need to succeed:
- BS or MS Degree in Robotics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or a related field
- 5+ years experience in Autonomy Systems and Safety Critical Development
- 5+ years experience in motion control, autonomous vehicles, aerospace, automotive, or related mission critical fields
- Broad technical domain knowledge of autonomous vehicles or similar autonomous robotic systems
- Experience in seeing the full life cycle of a product from concept to validation to delivery and operation
- Knowledge of modern systems engineering techniques, tools and processes
- Strong communication skills and leadership abilities to work with cross-functional engineering teams and drive towards decisions.
- Knowledge of safety standards in any industry will be useful, especially ISO/DIS-21448(SOTIF)
What we offer you:
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- Competitive compensation packages
- 30 vacation days
- Subsidized daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Professional development reimbursement
- Global Employee assistance program (Offerings include: work-life balance support, mindfulness programs, life coaching, new parent coaching, and more!)
- Local and global discount programs
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,700-person strong company with strategic partnerships with some of the world’s leading consumer brands. With global headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate in eight cities across the U.S. and Germany in areas where self-driving technology can have the biggest impact on improving safety, traffic, and transportation equity.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.