Who we are:
Argo AI is a global self-driving products and services company on a mission to make the world’s streets and roadways safe, accessible, and useful for all. Our technology is built to enable commercial services for autonomous delivery and ridesharing in cities.
With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s top consumer brands, we’re working block by block, city by city to empower people and businesses to be more successful. We’re individuals driven by strong values to solve complex problems together. Come join us to reimagine the human journey.
Meet the team:
The Argo Lidar Hardware TPM team is responsible for managing the internal Lidar development program at Argo. The program spans chip development all the way to vehicle integration of the long range lidar..
Technical Program Managers (TPMs) work with a variety of cross-functional internal staff and external partners to tackle an array of responsibilities and deliver safe, scalable hardware systems. TPMs are responsible for using the high level Argo priorities to lead engineering activities ranging from design to validation to build. TPMs are also responsible for managing the team’s scope, schedule, and budget, as well as program risks, communication and documentation. Argo hires TPMs with strong engineering skills so we can empower TPMs to influence major engineering decisions.
What you’ll do:
- Transition the lidar prototype to mass production and meet the customer deliverables and platform launch date
- Coordinate both internal and external activities for a given module. This would include delivering the scope, plans, timing, communications, and risk mitigation
- Help develop the requirements, architecture, simulation, design, prototyping, DFx, test, integration, and delivery of hardware systems
- Work in tight conjunction with contract manufacturing partners, Product Design Engineers, System Engineers, Product Managers, and others to reduce risks to the program.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics or a related field
- Leadership and strong ability to influence a high technical team to meet complex engineering and program objectives
- A record of owning projects successfully and working in a fast paced environment
- Strong communication skills with the ability to discuss technical issues with non-technical stakeholders
- Experience working with cross functional development teams to coordinate the entire product development lifecycle
- Hyper-organization with the skills to create and maintain detailed implementation plans across multiple activities
- The understanding of how to distill company wide goals to program specific objectives
- Skill leading both internal design activities and outsourced design activities
Nice to haves:
- Experience in both prototype product development and large volume automated manufacturing
- Familiarity working within automotive and/or robotics fields
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Adoption & Surrogacy Assistance Program
- Paid medical leave
- 30 day paid sabbatical upon 5 years of employment
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,700-person strong company with strategic partnerships with some of the world’s leading consumer brands. With global headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate in eight cities across the U.S. and Germany in areas where self-driving technology can have the biggest impact on improving safety, traffic, and transportation equity.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.