Who we are:
Argo AI is a global self-driving products and services company on a mission to make the world’s streets and roadways safe, accessible, and useful for all. Our technology is built to enable commercial services for autonomous delivery and ridesharing in cities.
With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s top consumer brands, we’re working block by block, city by city to empower people and businesses to be more successful. We’re individuals driven by strong values to solve complex problems together. Come join us to reimagine the human journey.
Meet the team:
The Argo AI Prediction team is responsible for designing and building systems that allow an autonomous vehicle to understand the current scene around it and to predict how it will evolve in the future. The Prediction team analyzes the output generated by the perception teams and anticipates the likely intents and future trajectories of nearby objects so our vehicle can make safe and comfortable driving decisions.
As a software engineer on the Prediction team, you will play an integral part in improving the vehicle’s ability to understand the behaviors and intentions of other actors and determining how and where they might move in the future. Many of our team are strong in machine learning and statistics, but others have backgrounds in robotics or are very strong in C++ or Python. We often tell our applicants “we are looking for people strong in robotics, machine learning or statistics, or C++/Python; choose two or be exceptional in one.”
The Prediction team is distributed across Munich, Pittsburgh, and Palo Alto and all groups work very closely with each other. We are open to remote work under the right circumstances and have a number of team members who currently work remotely.
What you’ll do:
- Design and implement core algorithms or ML models for predicting the future behavior of other traffic participants in real time
- Build a safe system that copes with noisy and uncertain inputs
- Evaluate and verify the system's performance on real-world and simulated data
- Improve and deliver reliable software through continuous integration, automated testing and code reviews
- Collaborate across different teams to jointly achieve objectives that improve system performance
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Science, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, Machine Learning, Physics, Robotics, or a related field
- One or more of:
- Strong background developing with C++ and Python including good software design skills
- Knowledgeable in areas pertaining to prediction, such as statistics, Bayesian inference or probabilistic models, machine learning for classification and regression, time series forecasting, or reinforcement learning
- Experience with deploying robotics platforms or machine learning models in the real world
- Willingness to dive into anything, but know when to ask for cross team collaboration
- Good communication skills
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Adoption & Surrogacy Assistance Program
- Paid medical leave
- 30 day paid sabbatical upon 5 years of employment
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,700-person strong company with strategic partnerships with some of the world’s leading consumer brands. With global headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate in eight cities across the U.S. and Germany in areas where self-driving technology can have the biggest impact on improving safety, traffic, and transportation equity.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.