Who we are:
Argo AI is a global self-driving products and services company on a mission to make the world’s streets and roadways safe, accessible, and useful for all. Our technology is built to enable commercial services for autonomous delivery and ridesharing in cities.
With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s top consumer brands, we’re working block by block, city by city to empower people and businesses to be more successful. We’re individuals driven by strong values to solve complex problems together. Come join us to reimagine the human journey.
Meet the team:
The Argo AI Motion Planning team brings all the components of the autonomy stack together. The Motion Planning team takes inputs from perception, prediction, and mapping, and plans how to navigate complex urban driving scenarios. This involves routing to the desired destination, handling traffic controls and other road users, and generating an optimal trajectory for the AV. Motion Planning & Controls Metrics evaluates this decision making by designing, developing, tracking, and publishing metrics. The team gathers the metrics from offline simulation, closed track tests, and driving on public roads.
What you’ll do:
- Work with Motion Planning & Controls, Systems, Test, and Product teams to define the AV’s expected behavior.
- Design metrics to quantify the AV’s performance against those expectations.
- Implement the metrics in Python, SQL, and C++, both onboard the AV and offline.
- Work with Test teams to deploy the metrics and extract data from simulated and on-road drives.
- Aggregate, visualize, and disseminate the metrics to Motion Planning & Controls, Systems, Test, and Product teams via Looker dashboards.
- Work with Motion Planning & Controls and Test teams to enforce expectations on the AV’s behavior via pre- and post-merge regression testing.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- 2+ years Python experience
- Strong technical communication skills
- Ability to design and deliver production quality software independently while incorporating advice given from review
Nice to haves:
- Masters or PhD in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Experience with machine learning at scale
- Experience working with SQL and Business Intelligence tools like Looker, Qlik, or Tableau
- C++ experience
- Robotics experience
- AWS and/or GCP experience
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Adoption & Surrogacy Assistance Program
- Paid medical leave
- 30 day paid sabbatical upon 5 years of employment
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,700-person strong company with strategic partnerships with some of the world’s leading consumer brands. With global headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate in eight cities across the U.S. and Germany in areas where self-driving technology can have the biggest impact on improving safety, traffic, and transportation equity.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.