Who we are:
Argo AI is a global self-driving products and services company on a mission to make the world’s streets and roadways safe, accessible, and useful for all. Our technology is built to enable commercial services for autonomous delivery and ridesharing in cities.
With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s top consumer brands, we’re working block by block, city by city to empower people and businesses to be more successful. We’re individuals driven by strong values to solve complex problems together. Come join us to reimagine the human journey.
Meet the team:
Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence: autonomous vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning, and computer vision to enable safe, accessible, efficient, and cost-effective transportation for all. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems toward a better world.
The core tracking team is responsible for developing and implementing algorithms for real-time scene understanding, by estimating a precise and temporally consistent representation of the local environment via fusing detections from a variety of sensors (Camera, Lidar, Radar etc.). The purpose of the Senior Software Engineer role is to design and implement software solutions with a focus on machine learning approaches to sensor fusion and real time processing of sensor data toward this goal. At the Senior level, domain expertise and forward/long-term thinking are necessary to avoid major pitfalls, by steering designs toward principled paradigms, patterns, and practices that will pay dividends down the road. Candidates must be self-sufficient in designing solutions to open-ended problems. This includes the ability to understand the problem and design space, explore the literature, and evaluate its merits.
What you’ll do:
- Develop software solutions with a machine learning focus to practical challenges in autonomous vehicle object tracking
- Identify areas in the tracking pipeline where machine learning approaches can provide better solutions
- Stay up to date with the state of the art in various perception fields and use this knowledge to help guide new features and architecture
- Evaluate the performance of your work using a metrics driven approach, and work to design new metrics and evaluation tools/procedures as needed
- Work closely with various sensor detection teams (lidar, camera, radar, etc.) and tracking customers (prediction and motion planning) to understand/communicate requirements, and facilitate cross-functional feature integration
- Your work will be essential to fielding a fleet of autonomous vehicles across multiple cities, and you will have direct exposure to real world data, feedback, and the satisfaction of having contributed to a state-of-the art autonomous vehicle
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Expert level machine learning knowledge and experience, with a successful track record of developing and deploying real-world solutions
- Strong problem analysis and solving skills
- Experience with 3D extended object tracking is desired
Nice to haves:
- Masters / PhD with machine learning focus, or equivalent experience
- Experience with spatiotemporal machine learning models development
- Knowledge of machine and deep learning frameworks such as Tensorflow, Pytorch, SkLearn etc.
- Knowledge and experience with various run-time machine learning inference engines for CPU and GPU
- Experience in developing and testing machine learning models in cloud
- Direct experience with Level 4 self-driving cars
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Adoption & Surrogacy Assistance Program
- Paid medical leave
- 30 day paid sabbatical upon 5 years of employment
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,700-person strong company with strategic partnerships with some of the world’s leading consumer brands. With global headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate in eight cities across the U.S. and Germany in areas where self-driving technology can have the biggest impact on improving safety, traffic, and transportation equity.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.