Who we are:
Argo AI is a global self-driving products and services company on a mission to make the world’s streets and roadways safe, accessible, and useful for all. Our technology is built to enable commercial services for autonomous delivery and ridesharing in cities.
With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s top consumer brands, we’re working block by block, city by city to empower people and businesses to be more successful. We’re individuals driven by strong values to solve complex problems together. Come join us to reimagine the human journey.
Meet the team:
The Technical Program Manager, Perception will serve as a member of the Perception Team, working cross-functionally with Autonomy teams to develop and deliver on the features needed for the Argo Self Driving System (SDS).
Our team delivers solutions to perception problems on our autonomous vehicle platform. These problems include object detection, scene segmentation, and various classification and regression problems in camera and LiDAR space. A key factor for our success is the infrastructure for deep learning that we use, which comprises the entire lifecycle of creation of large datasets, training at scale and optimization for onboard performance. But it does not stop there. We are also working on being more efficient by automating our workflows, mining interesting examples on the fleet and closing the feedback loop with key performance indicators.
What you’ll do:
As a member of our Program Management team, you'll play a key role in helping this team be its best. You'll use your creativity and initiative to come up with better ways to deliver key information, eliminate bottlenecks, automate tedious tasks, and help our team continually improve.
Our team is distributed across Palo, Alto, Munich, and Pittsburgh and all team members work very closely with each other. We are open to remote work under the right circumstances and have a number of team members who currently work remotely.
The ideal candidate should have significant experience building large-scale machine learning pipelines, controlling computational performance, memory use, and network tradeoffs. You should be comfortable with the development and deployment of real world Machine learning systems as well as standard program management tools and techniques.
- Work with Autonomous Vehicle software and hardware teams to develop and optimize timing and interdependencies with complex HW-SW integration deliverables that include but are not limited to perception, machine learning, simulation, tracking, hardware, systems and infrastructure
- Assess the risk and viability of technology upgrades to existing programs while ensuring timely delivery of program deliverables and system capabilities according to an evolving and fast-paced program schedule
- Maintain a strong technical understanding of the entirety of the program across the entire program lifecycle
- Interface regularly with highly-technical team leads, program managers, product managers and the executive team
- Facilitate discussions and negotiations of deliverables with OEM partners on Argo AI’s relevant milestones, when intercept to an existing program is identified and own the delivery of the new capability to that program
- Regularly present and maintain a snapshot of risks and issues for the entire effort and effectively communicate with the executive teams at Argo and our OEM partners
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Previous work experience must include:
- At least 2 years of experience with technical program management for software, platform, robotics or end to end systems development
- At least 2 years of experience using modern project and software management processes and tools, such as agile methodology, scrum, Jira, Rally, SmartSheets, and/or Google Suite
Nice to haves:
- History of delivering finished products to customers
- Experience interfacing with external partners to jointly deliver a product or service
- Experience guiding technical programs from design to production and roll-out
- Experience with complex integrated systems, preferably safety critical systems in automotive, aerospace, medical device etc industries; and deep knowledge of software and hardware development processes and lifecycle
- Hyper-organized mindset - able to be an influencer of projects to lead development, operations, and logistics toward a common goal
- Works effectively under extreme pressure - consistently delivers excellent results and high output rates in a fast-paced environment
- Skilled at developing processes and keeping them lean and effective.
- Strong problem-solving abilities - able to formulate solutions quickly by using a breadth and depth of knowledge / connections / etc and comfortable with making pragmatic assumptions with little data available
- Skill developing detailed implementation plans, maintain alignment, and monitor program status across multiple activities to reduce or remove dependencies
- We operate as a team, so good teamwork and communication skills are essential
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Adoption & Surrogacy Assistance Program
- Paid medical leave
- 30 day paid sabbatical upon 5 years of employment
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiative
Argo AI was founded in 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,700-person strong company with strategic partnerships with some of the world’s leading consumer brands. With global headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate in eight cities across the U.S. and Germany in areas where self-driving technology can have the biggest impact on improving safety, traffic, and transportation equity.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.