Who we are:
Argo AI is a global self-driving products and services company on a mission to make the world’s streets and roadways safe, accessible, and useful for all. Our technology is built to enable commercial services for autonomous delivery and ridesharing in cities.
With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s top consumer brands, we’re working block by block, city by city to empower people and businesses to be more successful. We’re individuals driven by strong values to solve complex problems together. Come join us to reimagine the human journey.
Meet the team:
The Systems Engineering, Integration, and Test (SEIT) - Platform Test team is responsible for performing subsystem and system level testing that exercises the various components of the self-driving vehicle, focusing on the integration of Argo self-driving technology with OEM platform technology and offboard infrastructure. This includes developing and executing test plans focused on vehicle interfaces, vehicle dynamics, environmental qualification, onboard/offboard communications, and fault propagation and mitigation. We interact on a daily basis with our systems, V&V, software, and hardware teams to test and provide feedback on their latest designs and ultimately qualify those designs as part of the release of Argo’s commercial product.
What you’ll do:
- Develop unique test concepts to support test execution on autonomous vehicles in environmental test cells (wind tunnels, anechoic chambers, etc.)
- Coordinate and execute cross-functional tests with our OEM partners
- Support new vehicle platform bring-up and commissioning
- Work with software, hardware, and tools development engineers to develop specific test software, hardware, and instrumentation to allow for test execution
- Create test plans, perform data analysis, build test result packages, and provide justification for requirements verification to senior management
- Maintain Argo’s high standards and commitment to safe, effective, and efficient testing
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or a related field
- Experience developing and analyzing subsystem and system level test plans
- Passion for hands-on test execution
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to span a large and varied workforce
Nice to haves:
- Prefer software language skills including C, C++, and Python; Windows and Linux OS; Matlab
- Autonomy or robotics testing experience is preferred but not required
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Adoption & Surrogacy Assistance Program
- Paid medical leave
- 30 day paid sabbatical upon 5 years of employment
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiative
Argo AI was founded in 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,700-person strong company with strategic partnerships with some of the world’s leading consumer brands. With global headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate in eight cities across the U.S. and Germany in areas where self-driving technology can have the biggest impact on improving safety, traffic, and transportation equity.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.