Who we are:
Argo AI is a global self-driving products and services company on a mission to make the world’s streets and roadways safe, accessible, and useful for all. Our technology is built to enable commercial services for autonomous delivery and ridesharing in cities.
With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s top consumer brands, we’re working block by block, city by city to empower people and businesses to be more successful. We’re individuals driven by strong values to solve complex problems together. Come join us to reimagine the human journey.
Meet the team:
At Argo we move fast, but always safety first. New builds and maps are produced near constantly throughout the day. After passing simulation, at any point our autonomy cars will be running a variety of builds and maps. Starting at our private test track through to fleet wide public road operations across 6 cities.
Our deployment team creates the software responsible for producing the systems that manage that complicated deployment matrix across our fleet, ultimately securely getting the right bits onto the right vehicles in a timely and efficient manner. We are critical to everything that happens on vehicle, from track testing to public road operations at scale.
As a member of the deployment team, you’ll have a front-row seat to the future of autonomous vehicles and play a critical role in moving humanity into the next era of safe and reliable transportation.
This position can be based in Pittsburgh, Dearborn, Palo Alto, or for the right applicant remote within the US.
What you’ll do:
- Build the next generation of deployment software and tooling for deploying our autonomy stack to cars and data centers
- Collaborate with internal teams and customers to identify their requirements, features, and interfaces
- Leverage your in-depth knowledge of computing hardware and software to squeeze the most out of the onboard embedded compute system
- Grow your software development skills by working side by side with some of the most talented and experienced engineers in the world
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Personal or Professional experience when solving practical programming problems in Python and/or C++
- Excellent communication and people skills: you will be working cross functionally throughout many different teams within Argo
- Hands-on experience with Linux based Operating Systems and personal computing hardware
Nice to haves:
- Experience with configuration management systems (i.e ansible, salt, puppet, chef)
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,700-person strong company with strategic partnerships with some of the world’s leading consumer brands. With global headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate in eight cities across the U.S. and Germany in areas where self-driving technology can have the biggest impact on improving safety, traffic, and transportation equity.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.