Who we are:
Argo AI is a global self-driving products and services company on a mission to make the world’s streets and roadways safe, accessible, and useful for all. Our technology is built to enable commercial services for autonomous delivery and ridesharing in cities.
With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s top consumer brands, we’re working block by block, city by city to empower people and businesses to be more successful. We’re individuals driven by strong values to solve complex problems together. Come join us to reimagine the human journey.
Meet the team:
Argo AI’s Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialists (AVSTSs) are responsible for operating our autonomous vehicles on public roads to enable Argo to continue its testing, monitoring, and development of its Autonomous Vehicle System (AVS). Prior to getting behind the wheel, all AVSTSs undergo a rigorous training program which, among other things, teaches them about the underlying technology of Argo’s platforms. More generally, but equally as important, AVSTSs learn Argo’s vehicle operating procedures to ensure the safety of the communities in which Argo operates. Once training is complete, AVSTSs are ready to safely take to the road and begin helping our engineers and developers in their continuous efforts to improve Argo’s autonomous vehicle software. Be sure to check out our website to learn more about how our AVSTSs play a key role in how we test!
What you’ll do:
- Perform the duties of (AVS) operations from both the left seat (driving) and the right seat (co-driving) of Argo’s vehicles
- Undergo a detailed training program that educates and establishes expectations for manual driving fundamentals in autonomous vehicle operation
- Proactively scan and evaluate dynamic traffic environments while always remaining ready to disengage the autonomous driving function in the event the need arises or safety requires it
- Deliver clear and concise communications when evaluating AVS performance, documenting both its strengths and areas for improvement, all of which enables Argo’s engineers and developers to continuously improve Argo’s autonomous driving software
- Participate in continuing education opportunities as Argo’s autonomous driving processes and practices evolve to account for continuing technological changes and development
Note: This is a full-time, hourly, non-exempt position
What you'll need to succeed:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent with two years of employment experience required. Associate or Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Must have a valid driver’s license and the ability to meet and sustain Argo’s minimum driving requirements, which Argo evaluates at the hiring stage and periodically thereafter by conducting motor vehicle and criminal record background checks in accordance with applicable law. This position may be subject to additional screenings conducted by third-party partners
- Desire to be a part of a fast paced, dynamic environment where adaptability and flexibility are essential
- Ability to monitor software via laptop in a moving vehicle; type proficiently; and communicate in a clear and concise manner
- Work in a professional and courteous manner at all times
- Strong interest in technology and software and the ability to adapt to its ever-changing developments and improvements
- Detail oriented mindset with a focus on safety, honesty, and a strict adherence to Argo’s policies and procedures
- An initial and continued ability to pass a ten-panel drug screen
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,700-person strong company with strategic partnerships with some of the world’s leading consumer brands. With global headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate in eight cities across the U.S. and Germany in areas where self-driving technology can have the biggest impact on improving safety, traffic, and transportation equity.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.
To ensure the health and well being of our teammates and partners, Argo is working toward a policy that requires those working on site to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. The amount of on-site work required for each role will vary based on the essential functions of the position and designations made by team leaders. Whenever possible, we try to consider special circumstances and provide flexibility for some remote work.
This role is designated as one that requires frequent on-site work. Candidates should expect to come into the workplace 5 days per week. A COVID-19 vaccination is required to come on site. Argo will consider accommodations for disability and religious-based reasons.
Please note that start dates may be 6-8 weeks from the time of offer for this role. We are growing, and are thankful to be experiencing a high volume of interest in our jobs. We greatly appreciate your patience as we continue to welcome new talent to the Argo team. Believe us, it’ll be worth the wait!