Who we are:
Argo AI is a global self-driving products and services company on a mission to make the world’s streets and roadways safe, accessible, and useful for all. Our technology is built to enable commercial services for autonomous delivery and ridesharing in cities.
With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s top consumer brands, we’re working block by block, city by city to empower people and businesses to be more successful. We’re individuals driven by strong values to solve complex problems together. Come join us to reimagine the human journey.
Meet the team:
The Hardware-Firmware Technical Program Management team is responsible for managing the end-to-end execution of Argo’s autonomous vehicle hardware and firmware programs. Argo Technical Program Managers are responsible for driving scope definition, schedule, and budget and use the high level Argo priorities to lead engineering activities from design to validation to builds. We want TPMs with strong engineering skills who can empower their technical teams and influence major engineering decisions. The role of TPM at Argo is cross functional and we are looking for team players who love collaboration and never shy away from a problem. We need TPM’s that seek out and mitigate risks, are expert communicators to both technical and non-technical partners, and have excellent organization. We want engineers who can tackle a wide variety of responsibilities to ensure that Argo delivers safe, functional, reliable, and efficient hardware systems.
What you’ll do:
- Work in tight conjunction with hardware and software engineering partners to deliver the firmware and embedded tools critical to the development of Argo’s sensor data processing pipelines
- Define project needs and develop detailed implementation plans to meet internal and external milestones
- Report on program status across multiple workstreams to keep cross-functional teams, leadership, and external stakeholders up-to-date on progress towards key milestones
- Proactively identify program risks and drive mitigation plans with the engineering team
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics or a related field
- The ability to influence a highly technical team to meet complex engineering and program objectives
- A record of owning projects successfully and working in a fast paced environment
- Strong communication skills with the ability to discuss technical issues with non-technical stakeholders
- The understanding of how to distill company wide goals to program specific objectives
- Familiarity with hardware development processes
Nice to haves:
- Technical familiarity in the field of embedded systems, firmware, FPGA development or ASIC design
- Familiarity working within automotive and/or robotics fields
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Adoption & Surrogacy Assistance Program
- Paid medical leave
- 30 day paid sabbatical upon 5 years of employment
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,700-person strong company with strategic partnerships with some of the world’s leading consumer brands. With global headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate in eight cities across the U.S. and Germany in areas where self-driving technology can have the biggest impact on improving safety, traffic, and transportation equity.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.