Company: Argo AI GmbH
Who we are:
Argo AI is a global self-driving products and services company on a mission to make the world’s streets and roadways safe, accessible, and useful for all. Our technology is built to enable commercial services for autonomous delivery and ridesharing in cities.
With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s top consumer brands, we’re working block by block, city by city to empower people and businesses to be more successful. We’re individuals driven by strong values to solve complex problems together. Come join us to reimagine the human journey.
Meet the team:
Our team delivers solutions to perception problems on our autonomous vehicle platform. These problems include object detection, scene segmentation, and various classification and regression problems in camera and LiDAR space. A key factor for our success is the infrastructure for deep learning that we use, which comprises the entire lifecycle of creation of large datasets, training at scale and optimization for onboard performance. But it does not stop there. We are also working on being more efficient by automating our workflows, mining interesting examples on the fleet and closing the feedback loop with key performance indicators..
Leading our infrastructure team, you'll play a key role in helping this team be its best. You'll use your creativity and initiative to come up with better ways to deliver key information, eliminate bottlenecks, automate tedious tasks, and help our team continually improve.
Our team is distributed across Palo, Alto, Munich, and Pittsburgh and all team members work very closely with each other. We are open to remote work under the right circumstances and have a number of team members who currently work remotely.
The ideal candidate should have significant experience building large-scale machine learning pipelines, controlling for all of computational performance, memory use, and network tradeoffs. You should be comfortable reading and writing code, working on highly nontrivial problems without obvious solutions, and pushing the boundaries of the state of the art.
What you’ll do: .
- Manage our perception infrastructure team, making sure that all of our pipelines are stable and healthy and continuously improve them
- Understand where the team’s work fits in the bigger picture, and deliver strategic contributions pushing the company toward our goals. Identify forward-looking opportunities to make strategic contributions and work with management and senior leadership to make them real
- Act as a force multiplier across the team: mentor and grow more junior members, provide a voice of reason and knowledge, and identify opportunities for improvements that scale the engineering team further
- Build relationships with upstream and downstream partners and work cross-functionally to deliver high-impact features that meaningfully improve our overall perception system
What you'll need to succeed:
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in a quantitative field, such as Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Robotics, or related
- Strong software skills in Python and C++
- Strong technical communication skills
- Basic machine learning and deep learning knowledge and experience, familiar with TensorFlow, PyTorch, or similar
- Experience shipping machine learning software products to industry or consumers
Nice to haves:
- Ph.D. with machine learning focus, or equivalent experience
- Experience with machine learning at scale
- AWS and/or GCP experience
What we offer you:
- Competitive compensation packages
- 30 vacation days
- Subsidized daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Professional development reimbursement
- Global Employee assistance program (Offerings include: work-life balance support, mindfulness programs, life coaching, new parent coaching, and more!)
- Local and global discount programs
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,700-person strong company with strategic partnerships with some of the world’s leading consumer brands. With global headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate in eight cities across the U.S. and Germany in areas where self-driving technology can have the biggest impact on improving safety, traffic, and transportation equity.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.