Who we are:
Argo AI is a global self-driving products and services company on a mission to make the world’s streets and roadways safe, accessible, and useful for all. Our technology is built to enable commercial services for autonomous delivery and ridesharing in cities.
With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s top consumer brands, we’re working block by block, city by city to empower people and businesses to be more successful. We’re individuals driven by strong values to solve complex problems together. Come join us to reimagine the human journey.
Meet the team:
The Autonomy Metrics team at Argo AI is responsible for developing offboard software that verifies our onboard software. We design and develop algorithms that verify in simulation that the autonomous vehicle yields adequately to other road actors, that it respects safety margins at all times unless in emergency situations, that it avoids collisions with any other road actor, etc. We work in close interaction with simulation software engineers, systems engineers and of course onboard autonomy software engineers. We are responsible for this development from the proof of concept to production, with high quality and performance requirements. Indeed even if our software does not run onboard, it runs daily on hundreds of thousands of simulations (hence the performance) and it gates our whole product launch (hence the need for quality).
What you’ll do:
- Develop software to compute high-level geometric information based off vehicle simulation
- Develop metrics running on simulation and on fleet logs to assess the performance of our system
- Develop high quality production python code
- Develop simulations to support assessing our development, ex. for perception
- Turn early prototypical ideas into structured - yet pragmatic - designs
- Write high quality software following our coding standards and practices
- Develop general understanding of autonomous systems, ex. Perception, Prediction, Motion Planning, and Motion Control systems
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Experience developing production quality code with large code database and large developers team
- Proficient in Python
Nice to haves:
- Knowledge of C++ is a plus
- You enjoy writing good quality code: you write your code in an idiomatic way, you demonstrate interest in multiple approaches to get the best code quality, unit tests are your friends
- ‘Figure-it-out’ mentality: handle complex and ambiguous tasks requiring decisive & pragmatic engineering.
- Flexible, adaptable mindset, open-minded: we try to solve a problem that has never been solved before. Multiple opinions exist on how to do so but nobody has the absolute truth until it is actually done: you know that and you embrace it, you are open to multiple perspectives.
- Ability to develop rapid prototypes as well as product intent code
- Strong engineering communication skills, especially the ability to communicate complex engineering issues to a diverse teams with different engineering backgrounds
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Adoption & Surrogacy Assistance Program
- Paid medical leave
- 30 day paid sabbatical upon 5 years of employment
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiative
Argo AI was founded in 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,700-person strong company with strategic partnerships with some of the world’s leading consumer brands. With global headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate in eight cities across the U.S. and Germany in areas where self-driving technology can have the biggest impact on improving safety, traffic, and transportation equity.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.