Company: Argo AI GmbH
Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
As a member of the Fleet Training Team you’ll play a hands on role in preparing our staff to safely operate our vehicles. You’ll provide classroom and in vehicle instruction with our Hamburg group and also work closely with Trainers from across our operational domain around the world.
What you’ll do:
- You will be responsible for creating and maintaining a safe work environment for all those in the workplace
- You will be responsible for planning, scheduling and executing the driver training program of our autonomous vehicles
- Learn about the underlying technology of our vehicles and programs and use that information to effectively train new drivers
- You will be the in-vehicle systems expert that stays up-to-date on new release software by getting in the car for autonomous mileage accumulation
- Subject Matter Expert throughout all phases of both public roads and closed course testing
- Assist in building material for new AVSTS certification and existing continuing education training modules
- Conduct safety-driver responsibilities for development testing in closed-course and public road environments
- Contribute to a strong culture of documentation, keeping department metrics up to date, visible and accurate
What you'll need to succeed:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in any field of study
- Ability to lead training and continuing education sessions
- Detail oriented mindset with a focus on safety and procedure
- Physical and psychological fitness to ensure safety in all given situations
- Demonstrated ability to lead large groups by continuous education training modules across operations
- Strong desire to learn new skills related to technology and software
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (in English) with the ability to span a large and varied workforce
- Ability to legally operate a motor vehicle with 5+ years of experience and a clean driving record
- Proven experience in a training setting with the ability to conduct process and safety orientations
- Have a passion to motivate, engage, and inspire people with various backgrounds
- Strong knowledge of and understanding of German road law
Nice to haves:
- Work history with training of skills and not only administering computer based learning
- Willingness to travel to other operational locations
What we offer you:
- Competitive compensation packages
- 30 vacation days
- Subsidized daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Professional development reimbursement
- Global Employee assistance program (Offerings include: work-life balance support, mindfulness programs, life coaching, new parent coaching, and more!)
- Local and global discount programs
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.