Who we are:
Argo AI is a global self-driving products and services company on a mission to make the world’s streets and roadways safe, accessible, and useful for all. Our technology is built to enable commercial services for autonomous delivery and ridesharing in cities.
With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s top consumer brands, we’re working block by block, city by city to empower people and businesses to be more successful. We’re individuals driven by strong values to solve complex problems together. Come join us to reimagine the human journey.
Meet the team:
We are looking for candidates with a deep understanding and passion for board-level software integration on custom hardware platforms. As a Software Engineer on the Onboard Platform team, you will be responsible for design, development and integration of software packages with Argo's sensing and computing hardware.
What you’ll do:
- Work directly with hardware engineers, software engineers and our operations team to build a world class autonomous vehicle
- Develop and modify high performance device drivers to bridge between custom hardware and custom software
- Design and integrate software packages for our hardware platforms, including operating systems, drivers, and supporting software infrastructure
- Develop plans, procedures, and other documentation required for integrating software modules into our self-driving ecosystem
- Become a “go-to” resource for both hardware and software engineers as sophisticated software systems are integrated on the base software platform developed by our team
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Strong software engineering skills with a background in C or C++
- Experience developing Linux device drivers
- Experience with the PCIE protocol
- Strong knowledge and applied skills with operating systems, including OS internals and associated tools and libraries for developing, debugging, and testing complex software systems (Linux including Ubuntu/Yocto/OpenEmbedded; QNX or similar RTOS)
- Ability to bring-up, test, and validate software systems at module and PCBA-level, working closely with hardware engineering teams
Nice to haves:
- Experience with a wide variety of communication protocols used in systems for embedded, robotics, automotive or similar industries (Ethernet, USB, CAN, SPI, I2C, MIPI, LVDS)
- Experience creating software to support FPGA and/or ASIC designs
- Knowledge of functional safety (ISO26262) or similar methodologies
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Adoption & Surrogacy Assistance Program
- Paid medical leave
- 30 day paid sabbatical upon 5 years of employment
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,700-person strong company with strategic partnerships with some of the world’s leading consumer brands. With global headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate in eight cities across the U.S. and Germany in areas where self-driving technology can have the biggest impact on improving safety, traffic, and transportation equity.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.