Who we are:
Argo AI is a global self-driving products and services company on a mission to make the world’s streets and roadways safe, accessible, and useful for all. Our technology is built to enable commercial services for autonomous delivery and ridesharing in cities.
With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s top consumer brands, we’re working block by block, city by city to empower people and businesses to be more successful. We’re individuals driven by strong values to solve complex problems together. Come join us to reimagine the human journey.
Meet the team:
Engineering complex systems, such as autonomous vehicles, requires a unique combination of vision, attention to details, and the discipline to follow the design between the two.
The Embedded firmware application team is responsible for designing and implementing the embedded software platform that enables the development of safety critical applications in a distributed embedded system architecture.
Successful candidates will be experts in the designing of practical ADAS software architecture and embedded software engineering practices.They will be able to apply this expertise across the entire product development organization. They will also be excellent cross-functional communicators, actively showing ownership in working through issues towards successful delivery.
What you’ll do:
- Define software architecture for the overall ECU
- Work closely with the hardware and software engineers during software architecture development
- Manage software architecture with the tier 1 supplier, tier 2 feature suppliers and internal feature owners for the new ADAS features
- Design, document and lead the architecture for strategic ADAS software functionality
- Develop requirements for the software architecture and cascade to the software developers
- Understand existing sophisticated architectures and drive resolution of architecture related issues
- Support the work of the software project manager to define and deliver architecture work products per the planned timelines
- Support overall embedded Software integration
- Support the SW verification and validation teams to establish test strategies to achieve suitable coverage along the right side of the systems V
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- 3+ years of experience with Software architecture, application development in embedded software and/or developing production algorithm
- 5+ years experience in developing safety-related embedded real-time software for micro controllers
- 5+ years experience in device driver development for real time operating systems. Bare metal software development is a plus
- Experience with embedded hardware and software design
- Embedded Software development in C or C++
- Experience with Agile software development processes
- Experience in safe software development (for example ISO-26262, IEC-61508, AUTOSAR, MISRA, and/or safety critical system design and best practices)
- Strong presentation and communication skills
Nice to haves:
- Experience developing complex systems in robotics, AI and Machine Learning
- Hands-on experience with automotive projects and tools (Autosar, Infineon Aurix)
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Adoption & Surrogacy Assistance Program
- Paid medical leave
- 30 day paid sabbatical upon 5 years of employment
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,700-person strong company with strategic partnerships with some of the world’s leading consumer brands. With global headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate in eight cities across the U.S. and Germany in areas where self-driving technology can have the biggest impact on improving safety, traffic, and transportation equity.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.