Who we are:
Argo AI is a global self-driving products and services company on a mission to make the world’s streets and roadways safe, accessible, and useful for all. Our technology is built to enable commercial services for autonomous delivery and ridesharing in cities.
With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s top consumer brands, we’re working block by block, city by city to empower people and businesses to be more successful. We’re individuals driven by strong values to solve complex problems together. Come join us to reimagine the human journey.
Meet the team:
The Firmware Engineering team at Argo AI is responsible for the overall development of safety-critical software and firmware in our self-driving system. As an Embedded Systems Engineer, you will work with hardware and software engineers to design, document, and verify software and firmware used in Argo’s sensing systems. We’re looking for someone who excels at bridging gaps between systems, hardware, and software engineering disciplines.
What you’ll do:
- Support development of complex sensing systems used in self-driving vehicles
- Create documentation for embedded sensing systems describing concept of operations, methods, and architectures
- Hands-on development of engineering work products including requirements, specifications, and verification plans
- Drive best practices for systems and software engineering processes
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics or a related field
- Significant experience in one of the following domains: signal processing, embedded software, electronics design, FPGA/ASIC development
- Strong understanding of system engineering life cycles in automotive or similar industries, including requirements development, specifications, and verification/validation plans
- Experience authoring technical documents and work products necessary to design, implement, and test complex embedded systems
- Software development experience in least one language (Python, C, C++)
Nice to haves:
- Experience with ISO-26262, IEC-61508, or related safety-critical system design best practices
- Ability to decipher schematics, datasheets, and related hardware engineering work products
- Experience with automotive software development including AUTOSAR frameworks
- Experience developing software for heterogeneous computing architectures (MCUs, SoCs, and/or FPGAs)
- Experience supporting verification & validation and related documentation
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Adoption & Surrogacy Assistance Program
- Paid medical leave
- 30 day paid sabbatical upon 5 years of employment
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,700-person strong company with strategic partnerships with some of the world’s leading consumer brands. With global headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate in eight cities across the U.S. and Germany in areas where self-driving technology can have the biggest impact on improving safety, traffic, and transportation equity.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.